The physical boxed edition of 88 Heroes for PlayStation®4 includes two exclusive additional heroes and the exclusive new H8 Mode, which features eight brand new levels offering a super-charged hardcore challenge.
Joining the crew and taking the number of nonsensical heroes to ninety are:
- Cath Letics – her super-sprint and long jump skills are activated by hammering the action button just like in an athletics videogame of yesteryear;
- The Mime – push the action button and The Mime will perform the classic “trapped in a glass box” mime action, confusing and befuddling enemies and making them turn away.
Regardless of the gaming platform of choice, 88 Heroes is packed with content and challenge. The game is a chaotic 2D platformer that is as fun to watch as it is to play, where each level completed or untimely death brings a new uniquely skilled hero into the action. With just 88 minutes to complete all 88 levels, you’ll need every one of the 88 heroes to stop the dastardly Dr. H8 destroying the Earth! Are you up to the challenge?
“We’re really pleased that gamers across so many formats will be able to play 88 Heroes in March”, said Martin Defries, Managing Director of Rising Star Games. “We have such belief in the game that we’re proud to be adding a boxed physical PS4™ version of the game, with exciting additional content, to our jam-packed existing catalogue, continuing our dedication to fans of physical releases”.
“At Bitmap Bureau, words cannot describe just how excited we are to finally release 88 Heroes!”, said Matt Cope, Managing Director at Bitmap Bureau. “Teaming up with Rising Star Games has been fantastic. We’ve had creative freedom to explore our crazy ideas, and genuine support whenever needed. We can’t wait for people to start downloading our game or get their hands on the exclusive PS4™ boxed version!”
88 Heroes Key Features:
- 88 unique and original playable characters, each with their own skills and abilities that may help – or hinder! – the player
- Hero order is randomly selected with each play, meaning players will always face a fresh and varied challenge
- 88 levels across 4 zones to conquer, each with its own unique boss encounter
- Multiple game modes including: Magnificent 8 mode – choose a team of just 8 heroes to tackle the entire game with; Solo mode – pick just one hero and master their skills in order to survive as long as you can
- 2 additional heroes and 8 new levels in H8 Mode, exclusive to the physical boxed edition
- Watch the action from Dr. H8’s lair as he tries to thwart your plans, drinks coffee, takes bathroom breaks and berates his accident-prone henchmen
- More heroes incoming with DLC!
For more information on 88 Heroes, please visit the official site: 88heroes.com.
# # #
ABOUT BITMAP BUREAU
Bitmap Bureau is a creatively ambitious UK games studio. Founded by Mike Tucker, Stefan Barnett and Matt Cope, they boast over 50 years combined industry experience. Nothing will stop these hard bitten game-making gumshoes, trying to crack the case of video game perfection! www.bitmapbureau.com
ABOUT RISING STAR GAMES
Rising Star Games is a privately held video games publisher with a global reach. With operating offices in Europe and USA the company publishes video game entertainment across all gaming platforms from Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and via Steam. With decades of combined experience and a genuine passion for interactive entertainment, Rising Star Games is proud of its ever-expanding and enormously diverse catalogue of over 120 titles.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017