More than 100 Creatures from the Popular Dino-themed Survival Adventure Will Arrive in Stunning VR Within Upcoming New Title
SANTA MONICA, CA – December 15, 2016 – Snail Games today unveiled further details on ARK Park, a vivid new virtual reality experience that will let players explore and encounter more than 100 creatures from the Jurassic era. ARK Park, which showcases dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures from the world of ARK: Survival Evolved, will be available in 2017 on the three leading VR platforms: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and PlayStation™VR.
Studio Wildcard, the developers of ARK: Survival Evolved, will be creative consultants on this upcoming VR title, with Snail’s Peacock Studio directing the project. ARK stalwarts will have their skill and cunning in taming primeval creatures rewarded in this new game, as they can import their own collected dinosaurs from the original survival game into a up-close and personal, full VR experience!
Players begin their ARK Park adventure at a visitor center surrounded by life-sized holographic dinosaurs where they’ll learn about these creatures that they’ve only read about & seen in books and summer blockbusters. From there, players will have the option to explore multiple interactive attractions on-foot or in vehicles & on Dino-back, including a swamp, forest, desert, snowy mountain range, and more. Each attraction features stunningly rendered and realistic environments of the period inhabited by ARK creatures, which can be found and captured through use of items, weapons, and puzzle-solving.
Snail Games recently announced a partnership with Studio Wildcard to license the IP for ARK: Survival Evolved, the popular open-world dinosaur survival game, for a VR experience. ARK Park will be available on HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and PlayStation™VR in 2017.
For more information, visit: www.arkparkvr.com
About Snail Games
Snail Games is committed to delivering the highest-quality interactive experiences to gamers worldwide. Named as one of the “Top Game Developers Worldwide,” Snail Games is a leading developer of MMO and interactive online games in China. Founded in October 2000, Snail Games’ growing library of titles includes Age of Wushu and Taichi Panda, among many others. To learn more about Snail Games, visit: http://www.snail.com/en/
About Studio Wildcard
Studio Wildcard was co-founded in 2014 by industry veteran Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, former Technical Art Director at Microsoft Game Studios, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie productions that are designed for core gamers. With combined 25 years of industry experience across multiple independent and studio-backed titles, Jeremy and Jesse have teamed up with other veteran developers for Seattle, WA-based and Gainesville, FL-based development studios that also include distributed team members across multiple continents. Wherever talented, driven developers may reside, Studio Wildcard intends to seek out and work with them!
OCULUS and the OCULUS Logo are trademarks of Oculus VR, LLC. All rights reserved.
- Bicycle – I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike - January 16, 2018
- Android Laptop and Phone Hybris Most Awarded Razer Concept at CES 2018, World’s Largest Tech Show - January 16, 2018
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6 - January 16, 2018
- EXTRA DAY ADDED TO THE PUBLIC DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ EVENT! - January 12, 2018
- Achieve True* Wireless Freedom with Razer’s New HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology - January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon News - January 12, 2018
- Twindom and Kodak Announce the KODAK Full Body 3D Scanner - January 12, 2018
- Razer Phone First to Deliver Netflix in Both HDR & Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 Premium Smartphone Entertainment Experience - January 12, 2018
- Organizing and Getting this new year ready to roll - January 8, 2018
- MEDIA ALERT: DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ! - January 3, 2018