ATAT Tech Announces Project EvE – the First US Robotic AR Video Game
A real robot that moves around your home – while fighting digital aliens
Dallax, TX: Robotics video game company ATAT Tech today announced their first title codenamed “Project EvE”. Indiegogo sponsored by Arrow Electronics and software built using the Unity 3D Engine, Project EvE is a robotic augmented reality video game which lets players defend their homes against an interdimensional alien invasion.
Merging the real and the digital world, Project EvE will ship with a robot that integrates with the video game – with gameplay taking place in augmented reality. Aside from the robot, players will need a recent tablet, smartphone or a PC in order to play the game.
“You drive around your physical robot that has a camera mounted on the front, which is its “EvE Vision” that allows you and the robot to see into this alternate dimension where you will fight waves of alien attackers.” said Amie Dansby, CEO and Co-Founder. “You will be able to upgrade your existing equipment’s power in game. However, you will also be able to purchase new, more powerful upgrades and attach them to your robot which will reflect in game as well. Don’t like the standard cannon? Get yourself a pair of twin lasers.”
The game’s story arc starts with the discovery of alternate dimensions – filled with swarms of alien invaders that are hell-bent on conquering our world. It is found that the aliens are purely digital creatures – and can’t be stopped with conventional weapons. Extradimensional Vehicular Explorer – or EvE, is created in order to combat this interdimensional threat.
“Every EvE unit has an advanced AI to help you learn the basics and become efficient at eradicating the aliens from your home. There will be increasingly difficult missions that require the pilot to be strategic about their upgrades, both in-game and in real life.” said Tim Kennedy, CTO and Co-Founder.
ATAT tech will be demoing their game at PAX East 2017, and will launch a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo in sponsorship with Arrow Electronics in 2017.
“We are looking to spread the word and get feedback from players about what they want and what they like about the demo. ” said Amie. “When we launch our IndieGoGo campaign later this year we want the people who played this at PAX to be the first ones in line to back our campaign.” Tim added.
Want to drive robots around while shooting some digital aliens? Come and see Project EvE at Booth #24110.
About ATAT Tech:
ATAT tech is a robotics, augmented reality and video game development company based in Dallas, Texas. It was co-founded in 2016 by two video game industry veterans, Amie Dansby and Tim Kennedy.
- Bicycle – I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike - January 16, 2018
- Android Laptop and Phone Hybris Most Awarded Razer Concept at CES 2018, World’s Largest Tech Show - January 16, 2018
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6 - January 16, 2018
- EXTRA DAY ADDED TO THE PUBLIC DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ EVENT! - January 12, 2018
- Achieve True* Wireless Freedom with Razer’s New HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology - January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon News - January 12, 2018
- Twindom and Kodak Announce the KODAK Full Body 3D Scanner - January 12, 2018
- Razer Phone First to Deliver Netflix in Both HDR & Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 Premium Smartphone Entertainment Experience - January 12, 2018
- Organizing and Getting this new year ready to roll - January 8, 2018
- MEDIA ALERT: DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ! - January 3, 2018