The Big Short (2015) – Movie Review
Movie Review –
The Big Short is one of the most important films of 2015, it’s a film based on true events which shows the banks and governments frauding the people into a global financial meltdown. This film is loaded to the top with a great lineup of actors, the story is top notch, and I cannot stress the importance’s of the knowledge it shares.
Now something that confuses me about the world we live in today is, “if someone breaks into your home, isn’t someone supposed to suffer the consequence?” In The Big Short (2015) is shows the banks knowingly ripping off the people causing millions to lose their homes, jobs, and much more, though the ending result is 1 person got punished!??? I do not believe that this type of outcome she be, I means an eye for an eye; right?
The Big Shorts story shows that there is documentation out there that pinpoints everyone responsible, and this film is based on true events which makes this movie perfect for many reasons. This is a great film and we highly suggest it.
Our Rating based on 1-5 stars: 5 Stars
IMDB Info –
Four denizens of the world of high-finance predict the credit and housing bubble collapse of the mid-2000s, and decide to take on the big banks for their greed and lack of foresight.
Plot or Story Line –
Three separate but parallel stories of the U.S mortgage housing crisis of 2005 are told. Michael Burry, an eccentric ex-physician turned one-eyed Scion Capital hedge fund manager, has traded traditional office attire for shorts, bare feet and a Supercuts haircut. He believes that the US housing market is built on a bubble that will burst within the next few years. Autonomy within the company allows Burry to do largely as he pleases, so Burry proceeds to bet against the housing market with the banks, who are more than happy to accept his proposal for something that has never happened in American history. The banks believe that Burry is a crackpot and therefore are confident in that they will win the deal. Jared Vennett with Deutschebank gets wind of what Burry is doing and, as an investor believes he too can cash in on Burry’s beliefs. An errant telephone call to FrontPoint Partners gets this information into the hands of Mark Baum, an idealist who is fed up with the corruption in the …..
- Bicycle – I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike - January 16, 2018
- Android Laptop and Phone Hybris Most Awarded Razer Concept at CES 2018, World’s Largest Tech Show - January 16, 2018
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6 - January 16, 2018
- EXTRA DAY ADDED TO THE PUBLIC DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ EVENT! - January 12, 2018
- Achieve True* Wireless Freedom with Razer’s New HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology - January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon News - January 12, 2018
- Twindom and Kodak Announce the KODAK Full Body 3D Scanner - January 12, 2018
- Razer Phone First to Deliver Netflix in Both HDR & Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 Premium Smartphone Entertainment Experience - January 12, 2018
- Organizing and Getting this new year ready to roll - January 8, 2018
- MEDIA ALERT: DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ! - January 3, 2018