THQ Nordic announces new game: Black Mirror scheduled for release this November
A new adventure from the famous, spine-chilling franchise will be released on 28.11.2017 on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One
Vienna/Austria, Bremen/Germany: 16th August 2017 – THQ Nordic is thrilled to reveal its new project: Black Mirror, a Gothic horror adventure, due for release on 28th November 2017. The game will be developed by the Bremen studio KING Art Games, known for “The Book of Unwritten Tales”, “The Dwarves” and “The Raven”, and will be available on PC/Mac/Linux, PS4 and Xbox One.
Black Mirror – The Brand
The game name may already exist one way or another, and no, we’re not talking about the Netflix series. The first part of the creepy point-and-click series was released in 2004 as “The Black Mirror”, which produced two more spin-offs, “Black Mirror II” (2009) and “Black Mirror III” (2011).
But don’t worry, even players unfamiliar with the previous games in the series can also enjoy Black Mirror, because this reboot of the franchise tells a totally independent and new story. The major difference between the new and old Black Mirror, apart from the modern graphics of course, will be a new gameplay element: interaction with vision-like apparitions.
gamescom 2017 and Website
A playable demo of Black Mirror will be ready for gamescom 2017 for both industry and public visitors to try out, and the THQ Nordic Stand (A011) is in the Entertainment Area in Hall 8. Please contact us below if you are media and would like to schedule an appointment and interview the development team during the show.
Those who can’t attend gamescom in Cologne, can at least visit our new website for a first impression of Black Mirror: www.blackmirror-game.com
THQ Nordic and KING Art
“In terms of atmosphere, the outstanding feature of the Black Mirror game series is the unique atmosphere which was essentially created by KING Art in the original trilogy. We have developed a new interpretation that both retains the strengths of the original games and gives us more room to explore fresh possibilities in terms of gameplay so that players can experience the world of Black Mirror in a more direct and free way, and not “just” in classic point-and-click style.” – Martin Kreuch, Producer at THQ Nordic.
“Black Mirror is a series that is really close to my heart, and it was fantastic to be immersed in the Gothic horror genre again; the human psyche is a fascinating playground!” – Achim Heidelauf, Producer “Black Mirror” (2017), Executive Producer “Black Mirror II” (2009).
“Black Mirror II” (2009) was the first big adventure KING Art worked on, and it’s fantastic to be able to create the new world of the Gordons and Black Mirror. We will be emphasising the unsettling atmosphere and the meticulous detail that the fans of a Black Mirror title have come to expect.” Jan Theysen, Creative Director KING Art Games.
About Black Mirror
Like in the original graphic adventure trilogy, the Gothic Horror genre and its unique atmosphere of madness and psychological distress remains at the heart of Black Mirror.
The point-and-click gameplay of the original trilogy served as the basis for the re-imagined gameplay, which focuses on close-up investigation and interaction with nightmarish visions that plague the protagonist of the game David Gordon.
- A modern re-imagining of the acclaimed gothic-horror adventure series
- Interactions with vision-like apparitions which help you learn more about the past of your family
- Eerie atmosphere focusing on the horrors of the mind, in the style of EA Poe and HP Lovecraft
- High quality voice acting from a compelling ensemble cast
About THQ Nordic
Founded in 2011, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna, Austria and Karlstad, Sweden with subsidiaries in Germany and the USA, THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction and Titan Quest. THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are Grimlore Games based in Munich, Germany and Rainbow Studios based in Phoenix, Arizona.
About KING Art Games
KING Art is an award-winning independent game developer specializing in producing high quality games. They are among the leading experts on story-driven games in Germany and have produced several successful adventure games that received rave reviews by the gaming press. Since 2002 they have also been pioneers in the area of extensive browser games, and have accumulated expert knowledge during the production of more than 30 successfully completed browser game projects.
- For the love of the Suffering the training wheels have been removed #adventurecycling - February 17, 2018
- What’s Up. - February 2, 2018
- Let’s bring in 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Bicycle – I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike - January 16, 2018
- Android Laptop and Phone Hybris Most Awarded Razer Concept at CES 2018, World’s Largest Tech Show - January 16, 2018
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6 - January 16, 2018
- EXTRA DAY ADDED TO THE PUBLIC DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ EVENT! - January 12, 2018
- Achieve True* Wireless Freedom with Razer’s New HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology - January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon News - January 12, 2018
- Twindom and Kodak Announce the KODAK Full Body 3D Scanner - January 12, 2018