First Epic DLC Map Pack Features a Brand New ‘90s Themed Zombies Co-Op Mode “Rave in the Redwoods” and Four Unique Multiplayer Maps
Season Pass Available Now, Best Value for All Future DLC Map Packs
London, England – 20th December, 2016 – Fresh Call of Duty content is coming, as Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. [NASDAQ: ATVI], and Infinity Ward have released new details for the upcoming first DLC Map Pack for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Sabotage. Featuring four intense, new multiplayer maps, each with its own distinctive look and feel, and a new zombies co-op experience called Rave in the Redwoods, set in a ‘90s abandoned lakeside summer camp, Sabotage releases January 31, 2017 first on the PlayStation® Network for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, with other platforms to follow.
Fans can watch a preview of the content in a behind-the-scenes sneak peek here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXTAnlLQz6I .
“We’re excited to introduce a new chapter to our zombies experience, taking players into a spooky 1990s summer camp straight out of the horror films of the decade,” said Dave Stohl, Studio Head of Infinity Ward. “We’re also delivering four new, diverse multiplayer maps, including a remake of the Modern Warfare® 2 classic, Afghan. There’s a tremendous variety of new content that we think every player will enjoy.”
Rave in the Redwoods, the next thrilling chapter of the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare zombies experience, continues the macabre narrative while transporting players into a new decade: the 1990s. Willard Wyler, the enigmatic movie director villain, returns and has trapped the protagonists inside another one of his twisted horror films. The four playable characters from the original story also return, but with fresh, over-the-top roles, as they learn more about Wyler’s evil plot while fighting all-new varieties of the undead in an abandoned, lakeside summer camp where zombie ravers have taken over and turned the grounds into a techno-fueled illusion. Rave in the Redwoods is a tense, spooky thrill ride with shocking twists, surprises, and a slew of new Easter eggs for players to discover.
In addition to the Rave in the Redwoods zombies content, Sabotage will also include four new multiplayer maps:
- Noir – A dark, grimy city map inspired by futuristic Brooklyn at night, Noir is a classic three-lane map set against a backdrop of a dystopian future, filled with cafes and parks surrounding a brutal downtown warzone.
- Neon – A virtual training center designed for urban warfare, Neon is a unique, digitised battle arena where cars and other structures spawn out of thin air and enemies dissolve into hundreds of pixels when defeated. Middle lane sightlines will cater to long-range players while the outsides of the map allow for quick counter-attacks in close-quarter action.
- Renaissance – Set in Northern Italy, Renaissance pits players against each other on the narrow streets of Venice surrounded by classic architecture and buildings that promote continuous action through the canals and neighbourhoods of this iconic city.
- Dominion – A re-imagining of the classic Afghan map from Modern Warfare 2, now set on Mars, Dominion retains all the memorable landmarks and gameplay of the original, anchored by the crashed ship in the center, with a few enhancements designed to take advantage of the new movement system.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Sabotage releases on January 31, 2017 first for the PlayStation 4, with other platforms to follow. The game is rated PEGI 18 (Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes).
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world and is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), an S&P 500 company. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com or by following @Activision.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future, including expected release dates, or of the features and functionality of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Sabotage are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include unanticipated product delays and other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
- Overwatch League Preseason play begins December 7 - December 6, 2017
- Wonder (2017) – Movie Review - November 27, 2017
- Loading Bar to Host Official Viewing Party for Gfinity Elite Series Street Fighter V Finals - November 27, 2017
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017