Casual Connect Europe Post-Conference Report & Indie Prize Berlin Winners
Berlin, February 14, 2017 – Casual Connect Europe 2017, the International trade event for the video games industry, just closed its doors, ending yet another successful show, this time taking place at the Station Berlin event center in Germany’s capital.
During Casual Connect Europe 2017, the Indie Prize scholarship program gave Indie developers a platform to present their games in a showcase and garnered a record response of 470 game submissions from 62 countries. Prizes have been awarded in ten categories and the winners have been announced at the 17th Indie Prize Awards:
Indie Prize Winners:
BEST GAME DESIGN – Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun by Mimimi Productions (Germany)
BEST VR GAME – Anshar Wars 2 by Ozwe Games (Switzerland)
MOST INNOVATIVE GAME – FRU by Through Games (The Netherlands), nominated to Indie Prize by the Indie Prize Nomination Partner in The Netherlands – Dutch Game Awards
BEST GAME AUDIO – Blink and Die by Sureksu (Argentinia)
BEST GAME ART – Figment by Bedtime Digital Games (Denmark)
BEST GAME NARRATIVE – Empathy by Pixel Night (Sweden)
BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME – Lightfield by Lost in the Garden (Austria)
BEST KIDS AND FAMILY GAME – Blink and Die by Suresku (Argentina)
BEST MOBILE GAME – Super Pet Hero by Amused Sloth (Romania)
BEST IN SHOW- AUDIENCE CHOICE – CoverFire by 1MBand (Spain)
Between February 7th and 9th, the conference gathered a total of over 1800 industry experts and offered a broad variety of talks and panels, on topics covering Industry Insights, Market Navigation, Growth, Funding, Data & Analytics, Design & Development, Esports & Casino and Next Gen Technologies VR and AR.
This year’s Casual Connect Europe presented 125 speakers from all around the globe, from companies including Amazon, CCP Games, Electronic Arts, Epic Games, Facebook, Google, Hasbro, King, NC Soft, Nexon, Rovio Entertainment, Square Enix, Supercell, Team 17, Twitch, Ubisoft, Valve, Wargaming, Wooga, Youzu Interactive, and many more.
For a complete schedule of speakers and topics, please visit http://europe.casualconnect.org/content.html
“Once again, Casual Connect Europe brought game industry leaders together”, says Jessica Tams of the Casual Games Association. “The event was a complete success and we are looking forward to London in 2018 and returning in Germany in 2020.”
More Information on Casual Connect Europe and Indie Prize Berlin is available at their official websites. Highlight videos of this year will be available on Casual Connect’s official YouTube Channel within the next few weeks.
About Casual Connect
Launched in 2005, Casual Connect is hosted by Casual Games Association, bringing together the most talented and knowledgeable experts in the casual gaming field to further the industry with the best learning and networking opportunities for casual games professionals. In addition to Casual Connect Europe, CGA will host Casual Connect Asia in May 2017, Casual Connect USA in August 2017 and Casual Connect Kyiv in October 2017. For more information, visit http://casualconnect.org/.
- Overwatch League Preseason play begins December 7 - December 6, 2017
- Wonder (2017) – Movie Review - November 27, 2017
- Loading Bar to Host Official Viewing Party for Gfinity Elite Series Street Fighter V Finals - November 27, 2017
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017