CIRCA: New Album “Valley of The Windmill” Available Today via Frontiers Music srl
Pure vintage progressive glory!
A well-produced and well-fabricated album that doesn’t bore one minute and really deserves the term ‘progressive rock’.
-House of Prog Radio-
Today Frontiers Music srl has released the new album from progressive rockers CIRCA: “Valley of the Windmill”. If you have yet to pick up a copy, you can get one from both Amazon and iTunes.
For a sneak peek of the entire record, head over to Invisible Oranges for a full album stream HERE.
CIRCA: is a Progressive Rock band formed by veteran musicians Tony Kaye (original YES keyboard and organ player) and Billy Sherwood (who took Chris Squire’s place in YES after his untimely passing in 2015 and who also previously served time in the progressive rock legends) and also features Ricky Tierney on bass and Scott Connor on drums.
CIRCA: was originally formed in 2007 by Tony Kaye and Billy Sherwood. The band’s self-titled debut features YES drummer Alan White and Jimmy Haun on guitar. The follow-up, “CIRCA: Live” a special DVD set, archived the band’s first ever live performance.
In 2009, “CIRCA: HQ” was released with Jay Schellen on drums, followed by the release of “CIRCA: Overflow” a collection of bonus material from the first and second recording sessions, available only as a digital download.
“Valley of the Windmill” the new album, includes several extended length songs, and can be described as “super proggy,” with influences ranging from classic Yes and Gentle Giant, to Porcupine Tree and latter-day Marillion. An absolute must for all Prog Rock fans!
“It’s very exciting to know there’s a new CIRCA record coming out… We’ve been working long and hard on it and now we look forward to share it with everyone else,” says Billy Sherwood of “Valley of the Windmill.”
Sherwood’s latest solo record, entitled “Citizen”, was released in November of 2015 via Frontiers Music Srl. The album features several past and present YES members, including the last ever recorded performance from Chris Squire, as well as Steve Morse, Jordan Rudess, Alan Parsons, Steve Hackett and more.
“Valley of the Windmill” Track Listing:
1. Silent Resolve
2. Empire Over
3. Valley Of The Windmill
4. Our Place Under The Sun
Billy Sherwood: Vocals and Guitars
Tony Kaye: Keyboards and Hammond
Scott Connor: Drums and Percussion
Rick Tierney: Bass
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017
- World of Tanks Console launches latest War Stories campaign - September 20, 2017
- LONG AWAITED FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION ARRIVES NEXT MONTH - September 20, 2017
- It’s been an awesome ride so far - September 19, 2017
- Hatebreed Announce Support Acts for Fall Anniversary Tour - September 12, 2017
- Bloody Zombies Now Available on Major VR Platforms, PlayStation 4 and Steam. - September 12, 2017
- BE A HERO: Hurricane Relief Event - September 12, 2017
- It (2017) – Movie Review - September 8, 2017
- An average day with a beautiful end to it - September 5, 2017
- It has been an unbelievable Journey so far – Cycling - September 3, 2017