It’s time to embark on one of gaming’s most memorable adventures as Curve Digital brings The Chinese Room’s classic to consoles in an all-new ‘Landmark Edition’
LONDON – September 20, 2016 – The Chinese Room’s breathtaking narrative adventure Dear Esther lands on consoles for the first time today, in the form of a stunning Landmark Edition.
Available now with a limited-time discount of 20 percent off the SRP of $9.99 / £7.99 / €9.99, Dear Esther: Landmark Edition gives PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners the opportunity to experience the game which defined a genre.
Dear Esther is a narrative adventure that takes place on an uninhabited Hebridean island, upon which a lone man must piece together the chain of events which lead to his wife’s death. Widely acclaimed upon its original release on PC in 2012, it is a game unlike any other; a visual and aural experience which has rarely been bettered.
The Landmark Edition introduces a brand new commentary which reunited the original team of Jessica Curry, Rob Briscoe and Dan Pinchbeck for the first time in years, to play through and comment on the game, its legacy and offer unique insight into the creation of this incredible game.
In addition to the commentary – which can be enjoyed right from the start, if you prefer – the Landmark Edition also boasts some additional tweaks not seen in the current PC release, including additional accessibility options. In addition, theLandmark Edition introduces respectful trophies and achievements. The PlayStation 4 version is also bundled with a gorgeous dynamic theme.
“Dear Esther has been with us for eight years now, but our passion remains undiminished – and we are as excited about it now as we were the first time,” says Dan Pinchbeck, The Chinese Room. “This Landmark Edition is the culmination of the work of an extraordinary team of individuals and we’re excited to see how console players will respond.”
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition is available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One today, priced $7.99 / £6.39 / €7.99 for a limited time. The Landmark Editionadditions and enhancements will be made available to existing PC owners as a free update at a later date.
About Curve Digital
Curve Digital is the largest publisher of independent video games on console formats in the world. Working with high profile developers such as Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone), Dan Marshall (The Swindle) and Olli Harjola (The Swapper), Curve helps individuals and small teams bring their games to a larger audience. Curve actively publishes on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U and 3DS.
- Overwatch League Preseason play begins December 7 - December 6, 2017
- Wonder (2017) – Movie Review - November 27, 2017
- Loading Bar to Host Official Viewing Party for Gfinity Elite Series Street Fighter V Finals - November 27, 2017
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017