Austin, Texas – July 31, 2017 – Descendent Studios released an exclusive FREE demo download of their upcoming game Descent: Underground, a reboot of the classic full-freedom shooter, Descent. The developers partnered with BrightLocker, makers of an innovative new platform for game discovery, community interaction and funding that bridges the connection between game developers and players in ways not seen before in the industry.
“We believe strongly that the future of gaming is developers connecting directly with gamers,” said Descendent CEO Eric “Wingman” Peterson. “We are super excited to offer this first free taste of Descent’s future through a great community like BrightLocker.”
This multiplayer demo is available only on BrightLocker.com for a limited time. Players can try out all of the multiplayer competitive and cooperative game modes, among them a hoard-style “Corporate War” team mode, a challenging “Survival” mode, and a tongue-in-cheek capture-the-flag mode called “Miner Mayhem”. Single-player “Survival” and “Vs. Bots” modes allow practice play in advance of the upcoming storyline campaign.
The Early Access version of Descent: Underground runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is currently on sale for 50% off at BrightLocker.comand DescentUnderground.com. It is also available at other online resellers.
About Descent: Underground
The officially-licensed prequel to the enormously successful Descent series of games, Descent: Underground combines first-person shooter action with six-degrees-of-freedom vehicular movement. Players take on the role of celebrity pilots commanding combat spacecraft in high-stakes battles for control of warren-like asteroid mines. Descent: Underground was one of 2015’s most successful Kickstarter projects and is scheduled for upcoming release. More information is available on the company’s website at http://www.descentunderground.com .
About Descendent Studios
Descendent Studios, Inc. is an independent game development studio based in Austin, TX. The studio’s team includes several industry veterans who worked on titles such as Wing Commander, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Conquest Frontier Wars, Starlancer, Star Citizen, and Ultima Online.
Based in Austin, Texas, BrightLocker was founded by a team of gaming industry veterans with deep knowledge and expertise of platform technology and online live services. In July 2017 the company launched the second phase of its unique gaming platform – a first of its kind destination for game discovery, community interaction and funding that fosters an unprecedented connection between game developers and players. The BrightLocker platform features both new and established games designed to appeal to every type of player. To learn more about BrightLocker, visit www.BrightLocker.com .
- Overwatch League Preseason play begins December 7 - December 6, 2017
- Wonder (2017) – Movie Review - November 27, 2017
- Loading Bar to Host Official Viewing Party for Gfinity Elite Series Street Fighter V Finals - November 27, 2017
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017