Die Antwoord – Artist Review
Die Antwoord is from my opinion one of the most original and realistic music artist of today. It’s rare to see artist focus so hard to stay to their roots and what they believe in, and Die Antwoord is one of them. Typically a band gets a record deal and honestly, they are nothing afterwards; at least they are puppets working for a puppet master and thats it. Die Antwoord is a group that create what they want, when they want, and they do it for the love of what they do. They support and stand up for their beliefs and their home, I love Die Antwoord.
Ninja and Yo-Landi were recently in the movie Chappie and you can also hear Die Antwoord’s music in one of Adam Sandler’s recent movies “Blended”. Check out Die Antwoord today and get music by some truly talented artist.
Rating (1-5) 5 stars
Coming from Cape Town, South Africa, the hip-hop duo Die Antwoord struck Internet viral gold with their video hit “Enter the Ninja,” but they’re really conceptual artists Watkin Tudor Jones and Yo-Landi ViSSer presenting their “inner zef.” Before assuming the roles of Ninja and Yo-landi ViSSer for die Antwoord, the two were involved with satirical projects like MaxNormal.TV — who wore three-piece business suits and delivered motivational hip-hop — and the Constructus Corporation: a hip-hop fantasy group based around a comic book called the Ziggurat. The idea for a more vulgar rave-rap group began in 2008, but it wasn’t until a year later that die Antwoord — which is Afrikaans for “The Answer” — began playing live. Their stage show was outrageous with Yo-Landi baiting and flipping off the audience, while Ninja rapped and danced, wearing only his trademark Dark Side of the Moon boxer shorts. That same year they recorded their debut album, SOS, and introduced “Zef,” which fused hip-hop, electro, and rave music. A year later, the videos they created for the tracks “Zef Side” and “Enter the Ninja” became viral hits. The latter featured Leon Botha, an experimental South African artist and one of the world’s oldest survivors of the premature aging disease progeria, who appeared as the group’s DJ. “Enter the Ninja” cracked the British Top 40, and major-label Interscope soon signed the group and released their 5 EP in July of 2010. That October, the label released a revised SOS with a world tour following. The group left Interscope the next year when the two parties couldn’t come to terms on their next album’s lead single. Left to their own devices, Die Antwoord chose “Fok Julle Naaiers” to lead up to their sophomore album, released by their own Zef Recordz and distributed by the Diplo-associated imprint Downtown. The year 2012 saw the release of the non-album single ‘XP€N$IV $H1T,” while the singles “Cookie Thumper!” and “Pitbull Terrier” landed on their 2014 album Donker Mag. ~ David Jeffries, Rovi
- For the love of the Suffering the training wheels have been removed #adventurecycling - February 17, 2018
- What’s Up. - February 2, 2018
- Let’s bring in 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Bicycle – I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike - January 16, 2018
- Android Laptop and Phone Hybris Most Awarded Razer Concept at CES 2018, World’s Largest Tech Show - January 16, 2018
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6 - January 16, 2018
- EXTRA DAY ADDED TO THE PUBLIC DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ EVENT! - January 12, 2018
- Achieve True* Wireless Freedom with Razer’s New HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology - January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon News - January 12, 2018
- Twindom and Kodak Announce the KODAK Full Body 3D Scanner - January 12, 2018