THE NEXT ERA OF HORROR BEGINS TODAY WITH THE RELEASE OF RESIDENT EVIL® 7 biohazard
SAN FRANCISCO — Jan. 24, 2017 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Resident Evil® 7 biohazard is now available both digitally and at retail across North America and Europe. This latest entry in the renowned Resident Evil® series, which has sold over 71 million units worldwide to date, is available on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system (the full game is also available to play via the included optional PlayStation®VR Mode), Xbox One and Windows PC (Steam and Windows Store). The Resident Evil series which first coined the “survival horror” term some twenty years ago, innovates the genre yet again as Resident Evil 7 biohazard delivers an incredibly realistic horror experience updated with modern gameplay systems.
Resident Evil 7 biohazard introduces players to Ethan Winters, who has been led to Dulvey, Louisiana in search of his missing wife. There he comes upon a sinister and supposedly abandoned plantation. Upon entering the property it becomes clear that there are secrets to unveil and all is not as it seems. Ethan soon encounters the mysterious Baker family, who have been missing from the area for some time. Will Ethan ever be reunited with his wife? Players will unfold all the secrets behind the mysterious plot as they embark on this truly terrifying and unpredictable survival horror experience.
Resident Evil 7 biohazard features the signature explorative and atmospheric gameplay from the critically acclaimed series that fans across the world have loved for years. The innovative and immersive horror gameplay delivers a disturbingly realistic experience that challenges players to face untold fears, up close and personal, thanks to the dramatic shift to first person view. Powered by Capcom’s original RE Engine and working in tandem with industry leading audio and visual technologies, Resident Evil 7 biohazard promises to define the next era in horror entertainment.
Capcom will continue to support the release of Resident Evil 7 biohazard after launch with optional downloadable content. Available shortly after launch, Banned Footage Vol. 1 and Banned Footage Vol. 2 will each deliver two further scenarios and an extra bonus mode for players to dive even deeper into the terrifying game world. Following those, an additional story episode, Not a Hero, will be released for free to all players in spring 2017 and will introduce players to a new separate storyline away from the mysterious drama they’ve already unveiled with Ethan Winters. The Banned Footage Vol. 1 and Banned Footage Vol. 2 content, along with an additional downloadable story episode are available via the Season Pass and deluxe editions of the game. These downloadable contents will also be available for purchase separately with more details to be shared soon.
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017
- Fight Off Aggressive Lifeforms Across an Alien World in Orange Moon - September 28, 2017
- Mountain Biking, Hiking, Snowboarding, Camping, Gaming – We do a lot of stuff - September 28, 2017
- Awesome Beach Cruisers at SIKK Bicycles – Arizona Bike Shop - September 28, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017
- World of Tanks Console launches latest War Stories campaign - September 20, 2017