THE NEXT ERA OF HORROR BEGINS TODAY WITH THE RELEASE OF RESIDENT EVIL® 7 biohazard
SAN FRANCISCO — Jan. 24, 2017 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Resident Evil® 7 biohazard is now available both digitally and at retail across North America and Europe. This latest entry in the renowned Resident Evil® series, which has sold over 71 million units worldwide to date, is available on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system (the full game is also available to play via the included optional PlayStation®VR Mode), Xbox One and Windows PC (Steam and Windows Store). The Resident Evil series which first coined the “survival horror” term some twenty years ago, innovates the genre yet again as Resident Evil 7 biohazard delivers an incredibly realistic horror experience updated with modern gameplay systems.
Resident Evil 7 biohazard introduces players to Ethan Winters, who has been led to Dulvey, Louisiana in search of his missing wife. There he comes upon a sinister and supposedly abandoned plantation. Upon entering the property it becomes clear that there are secrets to unveil and all is not as it seems. Ethan soon encounters the mysterious Baker family, who have been missing from the area for some time. Will Ethan ever be reunited with his wife? Players will unfold all the secrets behind the mysterious plot as they embark on this truly terrifying and unpredictable survival horror experience.
Resident Evil 7 biohazard features the signature explorative and atmospheric gameplay from the critically acclaimed series that fans across the world have loved for years. The innovative and immersive horror gameplay delivers a disturbingly realistic experience that challenges players to face untold fears, up close and personal, thanks to the dramatic shift to first person view. Powered by Capcom’s original RE Engine and working in tandem with industry leading audio and visual technologies, Resident Evil 7 biohazard promises to define the next era in horror entertainment.
Capcom will continue to support the release of Resident Evil 7 biohazard after launch with optional downloadable content. Available shortly after launch, Banned Footage Vol. 1 and Banned Footage Vol. 2 will each deliver two further scenarios and an extra bonus mode for players to dive even deeper into the terrifying game world. Following those, an additional story episode, Not a Hero, will be released for free to all players in spring 2017 and will introduce players to a new separate storyline away from the mysterious drama they’ve already unveiled with Ethan Winters. The Banned Footage Vol. 1 and Banned Footage Vol. 2 content, along with an additional downloadable story episode are available via the Season Pass and deluxe editions of the game. These downloadable contents will also be available for purchase separately with more details to be shared soon.
- Ultimate trivia game It’s Quiz Time out now on Xbox One - December 15, 2017
- Powerful Skills Revealed in New Extinction Trailer - December 15, 2017
- Overwatch League Preseason play begins December 7 - December 6, 2017
- Wonder (2017) – Movie Review - November 27, 2017
- Loading Bar to Host Official Viewing Party for Gfinity Elite Series Street Fighter V Finals - November 27, 2017
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017