Team17 showcase first gameplay teaser of the new installment of the award winning hit sandbox prison-escape game!
UK – 3rd October 2016 – Award-winning international games label Team17 and developer Mouldy Toof today released the very first gameplay teaser revealing The Escapists 2, the forthcoming sequel to their 1.8 million-selling indie smash hit of 2015.
Following the worldwide unveiling of The Escapists 2 on stage at TwitchCon in San Diego this weekend, the all-new trailer reveals just some of what’s in store next for fans of the popular sandbox prison-escape series when it launches on Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and Steam in 2017.
· Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes
· New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
· New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
· New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
· New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style
· More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level. Play as a girl! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours
· More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated
“I’m thrilled to be working with my friends at Team17 again to bring this new chapter of The Escapists to life,” said Chris Davis, founder, Mouldy Toof Studios. “The Escapists 2 takes everything the fans loved from the first game and adds in so many new additions and features on top. I can’t wait to see what the fans think!”
“One of my most anticipated features in The Escapists 2 is co-op for up to four players. Multiplayer was something we saw our incredible The Escapistscommunity cry out for in the original game and something I’m so excited to see fully realised in the sequel, both local and online,” said Debbie Bestwick MBE, CEO, Team17. “As a player with quite a few prison escapes under my own belt I can’t wait to work together with my friends on escapes.”
The Escapists 2 will be coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in 2017.
About Team17 Digital Ltd
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital Limited is a leading international games label that hosts the Worms franchise, Yooka -Laylee, Way to the Woods, The Escapists, Beyond Eyes, Sheltered and many more from amazing developers around the world. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
About Mouldy Toof Studios
Based in the UK and founded in 2012, Mouldy Toof Studios are the creators of The Escapists franchise and are part of the Team17 Digital Ltd family.
The Escapists, Mouldy Toof Studios and Team17 are registered trademarks or trademarks of Team17 Digital Ltd. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners.
- Overwatch League Preseason play begins December 7 - December 6, 2017
- Wonder (2017) – Movie Review - November 27, 2017
- Loading Bar to Host Official Viewing Party for Gfinity Elite Series Street Fighter V Finals - November 27, 2017
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017