MONTREAL – Sept. 27, 2017 – Orange Moon, an atmospheric action-platformer that merges RPG mechanics with a healthy dose of puzzle-solving, is now available as a full Steam title. Face deadly environmental hazards and aggressive, ill-tempered lifeforms as you explore a haunting, surreal 2D alien world.
Developed by Betelgeuse Zero and published by M4, Orange Moon’s monochromatic environments are filled to the brim with acid swamps, deep craters, and toxic clouds. You must take on raiders, biomechanoids, and carnivorous plants to forge ahead on your quest for ancient artifacts. This may seem like an impossible task, but you’ll have the proper tools at your disposal: Tons of weapons and equipment are available if you know where to look – including upgradeable machine guns, flamethrowers, and hand cannons!
Each enemy type is vulnerable to particular ammunition, so choose your weapon loadout wisely: Good judgement and fast fingers offer the best chance of survival against the game’s formidable bosses …
“When I was a kid in the late ‘80s, I spent hours playing Exolon – an Amiga game that only sported two colors: black and orange,” says Denys Shyshkin, lead developer at Betelgeuse Zero. “As I worked on Orange Moon, I often thought of Exolon – remembering the countless hours I spent in front of my computer monitor. Now, after two years in development, my game has become even more complex!”
“Orange Moon is a great example of an indie game that punches above its weight,” adds Jeff Giasson, founder and CEO at M4. “Denys has made some strong aesthetic choices – starting with the color scheme – and his passion is visible in every frame of animation. Memorable games are made of strange and beautiful worlds like the one portrayed in Orange Moon.”
- Explore a mysterious world filled with hostile lifeforms.
- Survive by acquiring and utilizing an array of unique weapons, equipment, ammunition, and upgrades.
- Solve complex puzzles to successfully uncover the secrets surrounding you.
- Fight bizarre enemies – from carnivorous plants to deadly biomechanoids – and defeat fearsome bosses.
- Overcome harsh and treacherous environments with obstacles such as acid swamps, toxic clouds, and deep craters.
- Play your way with full language support for French, German, Russian, Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish.
Pricing & Availability
Orange Moon is now available on Steam for $6.69 – 33% off the game’s retail price. On October 4, the game will return to its original price. The original soundtrack retails for $4.99 – and a bundle with game + OST can be purchased for $9.93 during the launch sale.
Twitter – https://twitter.com/betelgeusezero
Google+ – https://plus.google.com/u/0/112351102243583398814
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNWdUVK4KovUEbdfVl3Shjg
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Meridian4
Twitter – https://twitter.com/meridian4
Google+ – https://plus.google.com/b/102814769235827066992/102814769235827066992
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/11276325/admin/updates/
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/meridianfourgames
About the Developer
Founded in 2010 by Denys Shyshkin, Betelgeuse Zero is a Canadian development studio based in Hamilton – a port city on the western tip of Lake Ontario. Denys grew up in Kyiv, Ukraine – where he worked as a UI designer while studying design and art at the Kyiv State University of Architecture & Construction. Orange Moon is Betelgeuse Zero’s first game. For more information about Betelgeuse Zero and Orange Moon, please visit http://www.betelgeusezero.com.
Based in Montreal and founded in 2004 by Jeff Giasson, M4 is an indie-game publisher that specializes in the digital distribution of mobile and PC games. Serving independent developers aiming to reach a wider audience without compromising their vision, M4’s team of industry veterans works alongside studios such as Grave Danger Games (AFTERGRINDER), House On Fire (The Silent Age), Zeppelin Studio (Schein), and Frisky Fatal Games (Soulless: Ray of Hope) to deliver modern classics for audiences with a discerning taste. To learn more, please visit https://www.meridian4.com .
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017
- Fight Off Aggressive Lifeforms Across an Alien World in Orange Moon - September 28, 2017
- Mountain Biking, Hiking, Snowboarding, Camping, Gaming – We do a lot of stuff - September 28, 2017
- Awesome Beach Cruisers at SIKK Bicycles – Arizona Bike Shop - September 28, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017
- World of Tanks Console launches latest War Stories campaign - September 20, 2017