FUNCOM REVEALS PLAYER SERVER CONTROLS AND MOD SUPPORT FOR CONAN EXILES
– Play on official servers or host your own; powerful in-game admin tool lets you alter the world around you; full mod support announced for PC –
Oslo, Norway – January 13th, 2017 – In less than three weeks, Funcom’s ambitious open-world survival sandbox game Conan Exiles launches into Early Access on PC. Starting January 31st, gamers will get to play either by themselves or with others as they strive to survive, build, and dominate the world of the greatest fantasy hero of all time. Today Funcom announced what many players have been dying to know about: the server system, the tools they get to control the server and the world around them, and the mod support system in Conan Exiles on PC.
Get the latest Conan Exiles videos here:
Check out the dev update for more info and pictures of the server tools
In Conan Exiles, you have a wide variety of ways to play the game.
- Host a local game where you can play alone or with a small group of friends connecting directly to your game session
- Play Online on an Official Server hosted by Funcom
- Play Online on an Unofficial Server hosted either by yourself or another player
Players will be able to set up their own dedicated servers using their own hardware or rent servers through Funcom’s official server partner PingPerfect (www.pingperfect.com ). Players can easily find the right server to suit their preferred playstyle by using the Community Filter when they first start playing. This allows them to find a comfortable home with likeminded gamers in categories such as Hardcore, Role-Play, Casual, and so on.
If you choose to run your own server, you will have access to a powerful server control system that allows you to alter many aspects of the play experience. Here you can toggle PvP, turn off avatars, disable the sandstorm, choose what players lose when they die, control the day/night cycle, resource yield, and much more. Server admins can easily make changes to settings in-game, on the fly, and instantly see the changes, most of which does not even require a server restart. Server admins also have access to a full-featured in-game developer tool that allows them spawn any item available in the game, from weapons to building pieces and resources. They can also trigger god mode, make themselves invisible, teleport around the game world, spawn monsters and NPCs, disable hunger/thirst, and much more.
“The great thing about these games is that you can play them however you want,” says Creative Director Joel Bylos. “You can easily set up a server and play with your friends, and with our in-game controls you can simply adjust all aspects of your play experience to suit your playstyle whether that is turning off thirst, spawning a huge monster, or stop the day/night cycle. If you want to play all by yourself locally, you have access to the very same controls.”
Funcom is also excited to announce that Conan Exiles will feature full mod support on PC. This is planned to be available from the start of Early Access. Mod developers will be able to download a custom Unreal Engine editor and make all kinds of modifications to the game, from adding new monsters and items, to changing aspects of gameplay. A mod management tool which connects to the Steam Workshop allows players to easily load in the mods they want to play with. More information on the mod system and tools will be revealed soon.
For more information, check out the latest dev blog at blog.conanexiles.com/. Server setup and controls for the Xbox One version will be announced later.
Conan Exiles enters Early Access on PC on January 31st and will also become available as an Xbox One Game Preview title in Spring 2017. You can learn more about Conan Exiles on www.conanexiles.com . For more information about Funcom, please visit www.funcom.com .
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017
- World of Tanks Console launches latest War Stories campaign - September 20, 2017
- LONG AWAITED FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION ARRIVES NEXT MONTH - September 20, 2017
- It’s been an awesome ride so far - September 19, 2017
- Hatebreed Announce Support Acts for Fall Anniversary Tour - September 12, 2017
- Bloody Zombies Now Available on Major VR Platforms, PlayStation 4 and Steam. - September 12, 2017
- BE A HERO: Hurricane Relief Event - September 12, 2017
- It (2017) – Movie Review - September 8, 2017
- An average day with a beautiful end to it - September 5, 2017
- It has been an unbelievable Journey so far – Cycling - September 3, 2017