GATHER AROUND THE VIRTUAL CAMPFIRE AND PLAY WITH FRIENDS ACROSS PLATFORMS
London, UK – December 7, 2016 — Today, Ubisoft® announced that Werewolves Within™, one of the first multiplayer virtual reality games, is now available on Oculus Rift, PlayStation®VR and HTC Vive, with cross-platform play available between all of those devices. Developed by Red Storm Entertainment, a Ubisoft studio, Werewolves Within captures the essence and competitive spirit of being at the game table through VR technology. Inspired by classic social games of hidden roles and social deduction, the game realistically mimics a real-life party game experience.
LAUNCH TRAILER: YOUTUBE
Werewolves are hiding in plain sight in the small medieval town of Gallowston. Gathered around a campfire, players will need to work together to figure out who among them are the werewolves.
Designed for five to eight players, Werewolves Within keeps everyone on their toes, constantly questioning each other and testing their personal judgement. To discover the werewolves among them, players will use the skills and knowledge provided by their secret role, as well as a guidebook filled with hints to help inform their vote for who they think the werewolf is. Whether playing as a vigilant villager, a devious werewolf or one of the specialty roles, no two games are ever the same.
By utilising unique technology for VR avatars, including animations based on voice inflection analysis and emphatic emotes, Werewolves Within captures players’ real-life actions and body language and reflects them through their in-game character. The game also allows players to employ a variety of natural gestures that enhance the social experience even further.
For more information about Werewolves Within, please visit werewolveswithin.com.
To learn more about other Ubisoft games, please visit ubiblog.com.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2015-16 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,394 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2016 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. The Werewolves Within logo, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
OCULUS and the OCULUS Logo are trademarks of Oculus VR, LLC. All rights reserved.
PlayStation, and the SIE Diamond logo is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks property of their respective owners.
HTC, the HTC logo, HTC One and HTC Sense are the trademarks or registered trademarks in the U.S. and/or other countries of HTC Corporation and its affiliates.
- Bicycle – I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike - January 16, 2018
- Android Laptop and Phone Hybris Most Awarded Razer Concept at CES 2018, World’s Largest Tech Show - January 16, 2018
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6 - January 16, 2018
- EXTRA DAY ADDED TO THE PUBLIC DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ EVENT! - January 12, 2018
- Achieve True* Wireless Freedom with Razer’s New HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology - January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon News - January 12, 2018
- Twindom and Kodak Announce the KODAK Full Body 3D Scanner - January 12, 2018
- Razer Phone First to Deliver Netflix in Both HDR & Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 Premium Smartphone Entertainment Experience - January 12, 2018
- Organizing and Getting this new year ready to roll - January 8, 2018
- MEDIA ALERT: DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ! - January 3, 2018