Ten charities helping disabled and disadvantaged young people will receive £95,400 each
Thursday 15th September 2016, London, UK – Today, UK games industry charity GamesAid is proud to announce it has raised a record-breaking amount of money for the ninth year in a row.
Over the past 12 months, a whopping £954,000 has been raised by the UK games industry, an increase of 69% over the previous year. This total was split between ten charities that were voted for by members of GamesAid, and will result in vital support for more young people across the UK than ever before.
Access Sport, Accuro, Action For Kids, Aidis Trust, Blackpool Carers Centre, The Clock Tower Sanctuary, Lifelites, MAPS, Solving Kids’ Cancer, and Special Effect all received cheques for £95,400 each during a special ceremony held at Warner House, London.
“2016 has been the strongest year yet for GamesAid,” commented GamesAid Chair Ian Chambers. “I’m very proud that the industry not only continues to support the work of GamesAid, but has managed to raise more money for UK charities than ever before. This takes our overall running total to over £2.7million!”
He added: “GamesAid is driven by the passion and fundraising activity of its members. Whether it’s our games industry partners helping us on a large scale throughout the year or our members running marathons, baking cakes, cycling, singing or enjoying a night of comedy, it all makes a huge difference to the lives of the young people our charities support. I’d like to take this chance to sincerely thank everyone who has done something amazing to raise money for GamesAid, but there is always more we can do, so please join us and help continue our growth.”
GamesAid is a UK based video games charity (Registered UK Charity # 1081706), which acts as an umbrella for fundraising and supports a number of smaller charities that offer crucial help to disadvantaged and disabled children and young people. As the only fully democratic charity in the games space, members of the UK games industry propose and vote for the charities of their choice annually. Membership is open to anyone working in the UK video games industry, and is free to join.
Become a member:
Donate: https://www.justgiving.com/gamesaid or text GAID16 £10 to 70070
Action For Kids: http://www.actionforkids.org/
Aidis Trust: http://aidis.org/
Blackpool Carers Centre: http://www.blackpoolcarers.org/
The Clock Tower Sanctuary: http://www.thects.org.uk/
Solving Kids’ Cancer: http://solvingkidscancer.org.uk/
- Monster Hunter: World – Game News - August 18, 2017
- Spintires: MudRunner – Game News - August 18, 2017
- In Another World With My Smartphone (2017) – Anime Review - August 16, 2017
- Join us in Twitch – We’re Live at least 1 time a day everyday - August 16, 2017
- Are you a True Nerd or a True PC Gamer? - August 16, 2017
- Black Mirror – Game News - August 16, 2017
- DESTINY 2 PC AVAILABILITY AND TRAILER - August 16, 2017
- ARK: Survival Evolved – Extensive Hands-On Experience Available At gamescom 2017 - August 15, 2017
- Okinawa Rush – Game News - August 14, 2017
- DEADHOLD: HEADS, LIMBS AND STEAM EARLY ACCESS ON AUGUST 25th - August 14, 2017