Ghost in the Shell (2017) – Movie Review
Movie Review –
From the moment the trailer popped out for the remake (Americanised version) of Ghost in the Shell (2017) featuring Scarlett Johansson and Pilou Asbæk, we were excited. We’ve always been huge fans of the original Anime and Manga and the thought of seeing Ghost in the Shell in this type of setting was looking to be a beautiful thing.
Once the marketing started on the film instantly the movie caught a ton of heat due to Majors role being performed by an American, specifically they seemed to target Scarlett Johansson. Being a fan of Ghost in the Shell, I believe the way they pieced this remake together using Scarlett Johansson as Major was done beautifully and respectfully.
Like all movies that get a lot of press they tend to get bad ratings right off the bat, typically this isn’t because the movie is good or bad; it’s due to the ignorance and drama going on in the media to try and slow down the popularity. Ghost in the Shell 2017 remake is one of those films that are just catching bad press from most who either didn’t watch the movie, some that are basing what they think is going on in the movie so they won’t watch it; and then there’s those who get paid to post negative press.
This remake of Ghost in the Shell was done very well! I love how they kept true to the scenery of the anime. This is, however, an Americanized version so like all US based media it has those twist and turns for marketing value that no filmgoer enjoys, but for the term entertaining; this film takes all. The cast in Ghost in the Shell played their roles very well, the scripts were right on point, and from the moment the film started we were suddenly engulfed as if we were inside of our Manga Collections seeing it all in real life form.
As for Scarlett Johansson’s role as Major, she did a very remarkable job. Major’s story as to why she had an American body held it together with strong. The action scenes were on point throughout the movie, we didn’t find one item in this remake that we felt wasn’t properly to par; wonderful remake.
Our Rating based on 1-5 stars: 5 Stars
IMDB Info –
In the near future, Major is the first of her kind: A human saved from a terrible crash, who is cyber-enhanced to be a perfect soldier devoted to stopping the world’s most dangerous criminals.
Plot or Story Line –
In the near future, Major (Scarlett Johansson) is the first of her kind: A human saved from a terrible crash, who is cyber-enhanced to be a perfect soldier devoted to stopping the world’s most dangerous criminals. When terrorism reaches a new level that includes the ability to hack into people’s minds and control them, Major is uniquely qualified to stop it. As she prepares to face a new enemy, Major discovers that she has been lied to: her life was not saved, it was stolen. She will stop at nothing to recover her past, find out who did this to her and stop them before they do it to others. Based on the internationally acclaimed Japanese Manga, “The Ghost in the Shell.” Written by Paramount Pictures
- Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) – Movie Review - June 22, 2017
- My interest in Anime and Toy Collecting - June 21, 2017
- Overwatch – latest Map – News - June 21, 2017
- The first ever “The Behemoth + Friends” booth at San Diego Comic Con International - June 21, 2017
- SERIOUS SAM’S BOGUS DETOUR AVAILABLE NOW ON PC + LINUX - June 21, 2017
- Starpoint Gemini Warlords gets Update, awesome Deadly Dozen DLC and franchise bundle at the same day! - June 21, 2017
- Lili: Child of Geos comes to the PS4! - June 21, 2017
- FIRST PATCH FOR SMASH PC HIT RISING STORM 2: VIETNAM ARRIVES - June 21, 2017
- The Movie Directory Project - June 20, 2017
- Getting things caught up over this week - June 19, 2017
- Like Anime, Comics, Cosplay, Gaming, Manga, Movies, Music, TV Shows? Join our Facebook Group today click here.
- Got a story and want us to publish it? Submit a Story.
- Like what we do? You can support by: Tips are Appreciated click here to send one
- Add your listing to our Directory
- Submit a Cosplayer to our Cosplay Rating System