The Girl on the Train (2016) – Movie Review
Movie Review –
Let’s be honest about the film The Girl on the Train (2016). Once I saw the trailer of this movie, I looked at my wife and partners and said this is what the movie is about. I told them what would take place all the way through the film, though we went to see it only to see that I was absolutely right all the way to the end. At the end of the movie we were all walking out and they asked how did I know? I named 14 movies that used the exact same story.
Point is this story isn’t new by any means, it’s a simple story with everything you’d expect all the way to the ending. Now to the question of is the movie good? The film is fair, it’s entertaining and the cast do very well with their parts; this film is just over hyped. This film did a play on words for marketing and brought a fair film out using the marketing behind those words to sell it.
Our Rating based on 1-5 Stars: 3 stars
IMDB Info –
A divorcee becomes entangled in a missing persons investigation that promises to send shockwaves throughout her life.
Plot or Story Line –
The Girl on the Train is the story of Rachel Watson’s life post-divorce. Every day, she takes the train in to work in New York, and every day the train passes by her old house. The house she lived in with her husband, who still lives there, with his new wife and child. As she attempts to not focus on her pain, she starts watching a couple who live a few houses down — Megan and Scott Hipwell. She creates a wonderful dream life for them in her head, about how they are a perfect happy family. And then one day, as the train passes, she sees something shocking, filling her with rage. The next day, she wakes up with a horrible hangover, various wounds and bruises, and no memory of the night before. She has only a feeling: something bad happened. Then come the TV reports: Megan Hipwell is missing. Rachel becomes invested in the case and trying to find out what happened to Megan, where she is, and what exactly she herself was up to that same night Megan went missing.
- Overwatch League Preseason play begins December 7 - December 6, 2017
- Wonder (2017) – Movie Review - November 27, 2017
- Loading Bar to Host Official Viewing Party for Gfinity Elite Series Street Fighter V Finals - November 27, 2017
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017