In the Heart of the Sea (2015) – Movie Review
Movie Review –
In the Heart of the Sea (2015) is a wonderful film based on or inspired by the story Moby Dick, I’m not sure how to say that completely proper being that everything sating “inspired by”, or “based on true events” are generally using the term for popularizing an item. So to the point.. I wanted to watch In the Heart of the Sea (2015) mainly because I love the ocean, I have a fascination with the deep waters and what is below; so of course I wanted to see this; was it a good film… yes it was.
The story sort of has that “Titanic” beginning as the intro as well as throughout the film as the story is told which makes the film start out smooth in storyteller mode. The cast selected for In the Heart of the Sea (2015) are on point and everyone performs very well even though some of the casts are not in my favorites if actors; perfectly selected for the film. The story was awesome! The film was superb!
Now I see a lot of bad reviews on this movie and am unsure as to why, also noted the persons who wrote bad reviews wrote good reviews on completely overrated failed films so that said it all to me in that prospective. As I always state this is my opinion of the film as the content was perfectly up my alley of movies I enjoy, if you have interest in this context styled film then don’t let others including myself stop you from watching it or other films to create your own opinion.
Our Rating based on 1-5 stars: 5 Stars
IMDB Info –
A recounting of a New England whaling ship’s sinking by a giant whale in 1820, an experience that later inspired the great novel Moby-Dick.
Plot or Story Line –
In the winter of 1820, the New England whaling ship Essex was assaulted by something no one could believe: a whale of mammoth size and will, and an almost human sense of vengeance. The real-life maritime disaster would inspire Herman Melville’s Moby-Dick. But that told only half the story. “In the Heart of the Sea” reveals the encounter’s harrowing aftermath, as the ship’s surviving crew is pushed to their limits and forced to do the unthinkable to stay alive. Braving storms, starvation, panic and despair, the men will call into question their deepest beliefs, from the value of their lives to the morality of their trade, as their captain searches for direction on the open sea and his first mate still seeks to bring the great whale down.
- Let’s bring in 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Bicycle – I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike - January 16, 2018
- Android Laptop and Phone Hybris Most Awarded Razer Concept at CES 2018, World’s Largest Tech Show - January 16, 2018
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6 - January 16, 2018
- EXTRA DAY ADDED TO THE PUBLIC DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ EVENT! - January 12, 2018
- Achieve True* Wireless Freedom with Razer’s New HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology - January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon News - January 12, 2018
- Twindom and Kodak Announce the KODAK Full Body 3D Scanner - January 12, 2018
- Razer Phone First to Deliver Netflix in Both HDR & Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 Premium Smartphone Entertainment Experience - January 12, 2018
- Organizing and Getting this new year ready to roll - January 8, 2018