Monday May 1st, 2017 – Indie team Broken Arms Games is announcing ATOMINE coming to Steam on the 4th of May 2017, for 9,99 USD.
ATOMINE Launch Trailer:
What is ATOMINE?
ATOMINE is a twin stick procedural shooter rogue-lite set in a virtual world with minimalist design, where the player recounts on the screen the real events of STUXNET, the first weapon ever created in the form of computer virus.
In every run the player has to clear the level area from all the enemies in order to unlock the portal to the next level. During the run every killed enemy will leave on the ground XPs, energy and/or weapon modules.
Fast and Fun
ATOMINE is fast. There are a lot of enemies and you have to kill all of them to complete the levels. But don’t worry, you have infinite ammo and a (great) modular weapon system.
In ATOMINE the player can modify his weapon using special modules that he will find in the game. The modules have effect to specific parts of the weapons: type of bullets, number of bullets, rate of fire and other mutators.
Procedural Generated / Roguelite
The world of ATOMINE is composed by levels procedurally-generated. Every level has different type of enemy and environment.
The player has to complete all levels with only one life. If ATOMINE is destroyed, the game is over.
During a run, the system can detect the intrusion and modify the game, so player must act quickly.
If the player fails to hijack the counter hacking maneuver, the challenge will become really tough.
There are not only “small” enemies. ATOMINE must also defeat big and powerful bosses.
In 2011, Sergey Ulasen, discovered STUXNET, a malicious computer worm, initially spreaded via Microsoft Windows, and targeted Siemens industrial control systems, defined as a sleeping threat, waiting for a trigger to start its activation. STUXNET is the first discovered malware that spies on and subverts industrial systems, and the first to include a programmable logic controller (PLC) rootkit. The worm has been founded infecting especially nuclear power plants and oil drilling systems.
ATOMINE, like STUXNET, is a virus who needs to get stronger in order to reach and eventually infect and compile itself into the target source code. The electronic voice in the background and many element on screen, tell to the player what’s the target of the run.
- Unique Weapon System: The player can program his/her own Weapon combining more than 100 modules, that better fits the personal gameplay style.
- Upgrade ATOMINE’s version unlocking more than 30 different mutators.
- Choose between 9 different ATOMINE branches, with unique gameplay style.
- Avoid to get caught with QuickTime event counter hacking.
- Hack through seven playable main worlds and procedurally generated levels.
- Tons of unlockable items, enemies, bosses and more.
- Steam Trading Card
- Controller Support
Broken Arms Games: a videogame development company focused on digital delivery products.
- Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker - August 22, 2017
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH NEW WAYS TO EXPERIENCE EOS - August 22, 2017
- New LEGO Worlds Nintendo Switch Teaser Trailer - August 22, 2017
- Batman: The Enemy Within – The Telltale Series - August 22, 2017
- We’ve Started Mountain Biking - August 21, 2017
- Attack on Titan 2 – Game News - August 21, 2017
- Monster Hunter: World – Game News - August 18, 2017
- Spintires: MudRunner – Game News - August 18, 2017
- In Another World With My Smartphone (2017) – Anime Review - August 16, 2017
- Join us in Twitch – We’re Live at least 1 time a day everyday - August 16, 2017