U.S.-Based Gamers Invited to Experience the ONLY Arcade “Street” Basketball Game on the PlayStation® 4 and Take Part in the OPEN BETA!
(Seongnam, SOUTH KOREA) – December 6, 2016 – Joycity, a Korean game developer and publisher, announced today that 3on3 Freestyle, its hotly anticipated, fast-paced arcade-style half-court street basketball game, is now in OPEN BETA for U.S.-based gamers exclusively on PlayStation® 4 (PS4). 3on3 Freestyle features mythical U.S. playgrounds, a fun and energetic hip-hop soundtrack and an amazing street vibe – all as a tribute to today’s urban culture. The game is now available for download on the PlayStation®Store.
In 3on3 Freestyle, fifteen colorful, unique and recognizable male and female basketball players each have their own abilities and moves, being able to play a specific position. Players can use crisp passes, mesmerizing dribbling or force their way through defenders to win the game. Teammates must wisely pick their players in order to build the right team according to their preferred playstyle and their opponents. In addition to having different physical and technical attributes, each character has a specific backstory, written with the help of legendary writer Evan Skolnick, which unfolds along the player’s progress.
“Sony Interactive Entertainment is very pleased to announce that ‘3on3 Freestyle,’ our new Korean PlayStation 4 title, is now available. We have cooperated with Joycity for more than two years to produce this PS4 exclusive,” said Ando Tetsuya, president of Sony Interactive Entertainment Korea. “I hope sports fans will enjoy 3on3 Freestyle as much as we do!”
Key Game Features :
Players: Each character wins points to unlock and upgrade their abilities, which includes dunks, long distance shots, stamina and more. Players must string their unique offensive and defensive skills into combos while keeping an eye on their team members’ capabilities.
Time Out: Teams can trigger the “substitution” mode for a limited number of times every game, allowing everyone to change their character. But, watch out, as this also means the other team of three players can pick new characters (or stick to the one they are already playing), adding to the strategic aspect of the game!
Couch Gaming: Local co-op online multiplayer option allows three gamers “on the same couch” to challenge players from around the world. It’s the new pizza night!
Game Modes: 3on3 Freestyle offers different game modes for unique experiences:
· 3 v 3 online: With friends at home and alongside players from across the world.
· 1 v 1 online: Compete against another player in frantic duels.
“Joycity has been in the sports games business for more than 10 years and we knew that it was important to scour basketball courts all around America to properly recreate the atmosphere and distinctive attributes of the most famous U.S. venues,” said Ezra Choi, producer, Joycity. “We packed our bags and travelled to locations such as Venice Beach, CA, ‘The Cage’ in Manhattan, NY, King Drew Magnet School in Compton, CA, Rucker Park in Harlem, NY, and we hope players will feel at home.”
YouTube Video Trailer: HERE.
Joycity is a Korean game developer and publisher based near Seoul. Since 1994, Joycity has developed various types of games, each based on original ideas and innovative technological expertise. With the creation of “FreeStyle,” the first Korean online sports game for PCs, Joycity has made a name for itself as a leader in the bracket of first generation developers in its country. Ongoing success has given “Freestyle 2” and “Freestyle Football” global recognition in sports video games. Currently Joycity developers are experimenting with new genres, as seen in “Gunship Battle,” “Warship Battle,” and the board game “Game of Dice.” Since 2014, Joycity has invested heavily in research and development and is committed to the production of console games and its focus on virtual reality. Joycity affirms its ability to offer cross-platform gaming experiences, is on the cutting edge of innovation and reaches a community of international players. For more information, visit http://corp.joycity.com/html/en/games.html.
- Bicycle – I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike - January 16, 2018
- Android Laptop and Phone Hybris Most Awarded Razer Concept at CES 2018, World’s Largest Tech Show - January 16, 2018
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6 - January 16, 2018
- EXTRA DAY ADDED TO THE PUBLIC DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ EVENT! - January 12, 2018
- Achieve True* Wireless Freedom with Razer’s New HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology - January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon News - January 12, 2018
- Twindom and Kodak Announce the KODAK Full Body 3D Scanner - January 12, 2018
- Razer Phone First to Deliver Netflix in Both HDR & Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 Premium Smartphone Entertainment Experience - January 12, 2018
- Organizing and Getting this new year ready to roll - January 8, 2018
- MEDIA ALERT: DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ! - January 3, 2018