Kong: Skull Island (2017) – Movie Review
Movie Review –
Over the years there had been many attempts to bring the story of King Kong to the theaters and each time had been an epic failure, so after the trailers of Kong: Skull Island (2017); we had to go see it. The trailer for Kong had already shown a huge progress between this movie and every other King Kong related film and the cast for Kong: Skull Island (2017) was certainly an eye catcher.
Last night on the first viewing we were in our seats ready to enjoy the movie, it wasn’t a big crowd. In reality probably 20 people in the theater. The lights went out and the film began and right off the start we were saying “this looks to be really good”. The graphics, for the most part, are extremely good, there were only two or three spots that you could really see the film set and green screen hiccups. The script was well put together for the most part until about ⅔ of the way through as the film starts to lose steam. By mid-way through it many items were starting to stand out for example: If someone had just come out of the water completely soaked and two seconds later in the film, their hair and makeup had been redone and they’re dry. Items like that sort of started to show themselves more and more towards the ending as if the film was completely rushed to finish up.
Now, in short, this film is very entertaining and it is marketed towards the right audience and age group, I’m certain that area will miss a lot of the items I pointed out. We did have a wonderful time watching the film, and it is the best King Kong made film to date. The graphics are as good, if not better than Michael Bay’s “Ninja Turtles”. Would we see it again? Yes.
Our Rating based on 1-5 Stars: 3 stars
IMDB Info –
A team of scientists, soldiers and adventurers unites to explore an uncharted island in the Pacific. Cut off from everything they know, the team ventures into the domain of the mighty Kong. As their mission becomes one of survival, they must fight to escape a primal Eden.
Plot or Story Line –
A diverse team of scientists, soldiers and adventurers unites to explore a mythical, uncharted island in the Pacific, as dangerous as it is beautiful. Cut off from everything they know, the team ventures into the domain of the mighty Kong, igniting the ultimate battle between man and nature. As their mission of discovery becomes one of survival, they must fight to escape a primal Eden in which humanity does not belong.
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017
- Fight Off Aggressive Lifeforms Across an Alien World in Orange Moon - September 28, 2017
- Mountain Biking, Hiking, Snowboarding, Camping, Gaming – We do a lot of stuff - September 28, 2017
- Awesome Beach Cruisers at SIKK Bicycles – Arizona Bike Shop - September 28, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017
- World of Tanks Console launches latest War Stories campaign - September 20, 2017