The Legend of Tarzan (2016) – Movie Review
Movie Review –
Okay before I start this review I must point out that my feelings about this movie have nothing to do with if I think Santa Claus wears funny shoes or not. Point being as too many reviews on movies have went up based on what they thought about something that had nothing to do with the movie, example people didn’t like Suicide Squad because they didn’t like Batman vs Super so this is my disclaimer for the ignorant people that post reviews on films based on their dislikes in chocolate.
So to start out, I had High expectations for this movie, the cast seemed to be on point and of course the story isn’t a new one so where on Earth did this movie go so wrong? Well let’s start with the green screens and the never ending length of the vine when Tarzan swings from one. Now I do remember the old Tarzan shows when of course the vine seemed to be a few thousand miles long as 1 vine could make that swing across the country while he posed; come on guys we have better technology now. The acting was of very low quality and the back story was shot in the foot from the start. I had watched the cartoon version of this film a few weeks before and it was better in story, graphics, and voice overs fit the characters. In this movie featuring real people playing the roles everything that could’ve gone wrong did, we almost walked out as it was so bad.
The Legend of Tarzan (2016) was the let down of films this year and had so much potential; though not one part of it was attempted to make it an entertaining film; it was more like paying to be laughed at for spending the money. I didn’t even want to write this review but our following had asked so much that we wanted the clarity known to them.
Our Rating based on 1-5 Stars: 1 star
IMDB Info –
Tarzan, having acclimated to life in London, is called back to his former home in the jungle to investigate the activities at a mining encampment.
Plot or Story Line –
John Clayton following his parents’ death in Africa would be raised by an ape and would be known by the name Tarzan, would leave Africa and go to his parents’s home in England along with woman he fell in love with and married, Jane Porter. He would be asked by Belgian King Leopold to go to Africa to see what he has done there to help the country. Initially he refuses. But an American, George Washington Williams wants him to accept so he can accompany him. He says that Leopold might be committing all sorts of atrocities to achieve his goal like slavery. He needs to prove it. Clayton agrees and his wife insists that she accompany him because she misses Africa. They go and when they arrive a man named Rom who works for Leopold attacks the village they are at and captures Tarzan and Jane. With Washington’s help he escapes and sets out to rescue Jane by going across the jungle and Washington joins him despite being told that he might not make it.
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017