Mama (2013) – Movie Review
May 27th 2016: Hey gang, I wrote the below review years ago and during moving it I wanted to make a few notes or additions. Mama 2013 was a real fun and well done film, so much that I’ve watched it about 40 times at least. I have actually bought it 4 times and it keeps getting borrowed and not returned to my DVD Case. The story is perfectly thrilling and a great one to through in for something creepy to watch. I believe they done a great job with this one and wanted to express my current views as well as the old article in which is below.
Movie Review –
First off this movie has some really rough ratings, of which everyone has their own opinion and views. But in reality Mama 2013 movie is awesome, and very chilling, yet this film does follow the storyline of many films like The Grudge (2014) and Drag Me To Hell (2009). Having watched all of these movies, there is a very similar storyline, but Mama stays creepy. Mama 2013 listed by IMDB says the description of this film is – “Annabel and Lucas are faced with the challenge of raising his young nieces that were left alone in the forest for 5 years…. but how alone were they?”
Now We would like to point out, as most horror movies which follow the storyline of The Grudge, and Drag Me To Hell have their downfalls. First being these films usually put more money into the effects, and less into the actors and actresses. This film doesn’t follow any other guidelines, but we must point out the acting by Isabelle Nélisse was top notch! As for the actress playing the roll of Annebel by Jessica Chastain, she done a pretty decent job. As for Nikolaj Coster-Waldau who played the roll of Lucas and Jeffery, horrible acting. Set aside from the usual downfalls of bad or good acting in Horror films, Mama 2013 was a very good movie, and it will keep you on the edge in suspense.
Our Rating based on 1-5 Stars: 4 stars
IMDB Info –
Annabel and Lucas are faced with the challenge of raising his young nieces that were left alone in the forest for 5 years…. but how alone were they?
Plot or Story Line –
The senior partner of an investment brokerage, Jeffrey Desange, has a breakdown due to a financial collapse and kills several co-workers and his estranged wife. He then kidnaps his two young daughters, Victoria 3 and Lilly just 1. He drives his car recklessly through a winding snow covered road. He loses control of his car and drives off an embankment. He finds an abandoned and isolated cabin where he plans to kill his daughters, but the children are saved by a dark ghostly image. After five years of searching and depleting his savings, Jeffrey’s twin brother, Lucas, finds the children that were raised without social interaction and claim that they have been raised by ‘Mama’. Lucas disputes the custody with the children’s Great Aunt but Dr. Dreyfuss, who is working with the girls, helps Lucas get custody of the girls so that he can still have access to them. Lucas, his girlfriend Annabel, Victoria and Lilly move into a house provided by the institute that Dr. Dreyfuss works for. Lucas…
- Let’s bring in 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Bicycle – I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike - January 16, 2018
- Android Laptop and Phone Hybris Most Awarded Razer Concept at CES 2018, World’s Largest Tech Show - January 16, 2018
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6 - January 16, 2018
- EXTRA DAY ADDED TO THE PUBLIC DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ EVENT! - January 12, 2018
- Achieve True* Wireless Freedom with Razer’s New HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology - January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon News - January 12, 2018
- Twindom and Kodak Announce the KODAK Full Body 3D Scanner - January 12, 2018
- Razer Phone First to Deliver Netflix in Both HDR & Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 Premium Smartphone Entertainment Experience - January 12, 2018
- Organizing and Getting this new year ready to roll - January 8, 2018