MAPLEWOOD, N.J. – May 9, 2017 – Independent developer Saber Interactive has launched the arcade-style basketball game NBA Playgrounds for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™, and Windows PC (Steam) as a digital-only release for $19.99.
For the first time in years, there’s a newcomer to the 2-on-2 basketball scene. NBA Playgrounds sports all 30 NBA teams and a deep roster of current and retired NBA players that you can level up over time, including Allen Iverson, LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Shaquille O’Neal, Russell Westbrook, James Harden and Magic Johnson. Show your flair with over-the-top moves and all sorts of show-stopping dunks. Play two-player offline co-op, two-player online* competitive, four-player offline team matches, or just go solo. NBA Playgrounds also supports single-player and local co-op tournament play, with online tournaments coming in a future free update.
NBA Playgrounds features power-ups, collectible cards, special techniques, a killer hip-hop soundtrack, and a lottery pick system that rewards great play. Arcade basketball legend Ian Eagle of NBA Jam fame returns for NBA Playgrounds, delivering the same one-of-a-kind bombastic announcements fans loved in arcades past. E.J. “The Mayor” Johnson, the voice of Rucker Park, also provides color commentary.
NBA Playgrounds is rated E (Everyone) by the ESRB and PEGI 3+. For more information, visit www.nbaplaygrounds.game , like NBAPlaygrounds on Facebook, and follow @NBA_Playgrounds on Twitter. NBA Playgrounds is published by Mad Dog.
*The Nintendo Switch version of NBA Playgrounds will not feature online functionality at launch. Online play will be made available in a free game update expected in a few days.
About Saber Interactive
Based in the U.S. and Russia, Saber Interactive is an independent developer whose credits include Quake Champions, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo: Master Chief Collection, and others. The company has multiple development studios across the world making great games and bringing fun interactive experiences to life.
About Mad Dog
Mad Dog is a publisher of digital video games, focused on independent games with a potential for wide appeal. Offering seasoned production, marketing and distribution services, Mad Dog shepherds games through development and testing, then promotes and releases them on Steam, Twitch, the PlayStation®Store, Xbox Games Store, Nintendo eShop, GOG.com, Humble Store and the Mac App Store.
- Ultimate trivia game It’s Quiz Time out now on Xbox One - December 15, 2017
- Powerful Skills Revealed in New Extinction Trailer - December 15, 2017
- Overwatch League Preseason play begins December 7 - December 6, 2017
- Wonder (2017) – Movie Review - November 27, 2017
- Loading Bar to Host Official Viewing Party for Gfinity Elite Series Street Fighter V Finals - November 27, 2017
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017