Hi-Rez Studios expands Paladins $150,000 Invitational Tournament to include more regions
September 26, 2016 – Alpharetta, GA – Today Hi-Rez Studios announced that the first ever Paladins Invitational, to be held at Hi-Rez Expo January 5-8 2017, will include not only teams from North America and Europe but also teams from Brazil, Latin America, Australia/New Zealand, and China. Hi-Rez Studios’ new fantasy themed team based shooter Paladins recently transitioned into Open Beta including Early Access availability on Steam. Within the first week of Early Access Paladins rocketed into Steam’s Top 10 Games by player count and the Paladin’s global community is growing rapidly.
“The Paladins Open Beta had an explosive first weekend with well over 100,000 new accounts created in the first 24 hours”, said Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios co-founder and COO. “We’ve also seen a very strong interest in Paladins from competitive players and esports organizations worldwide and are therefore extending the Paladins Invitational to include more regions and more teams”
Hi-Rez Studios global partners Level Up, Double Jump, and Tencent will be overseeing regional tournaments in Brazil/Latin America, Australia/New Zealand, and China respectively to determine which teams from those regions will make their way to the $150,000 Paladins Invitational in Atlanta, Georgia. The opening matches of the Paladins Invitational will feature 8 teams battling it out to see who eventually makes it to the finals and the ultimate crowning of the best Paladins team in the world will be broadcast live from the Cobb Energy Center.
Paladins is a team-based shooter with strategy elements and deep character customization through it’s unique use of collectible cards. These cards amplify and augment a character’s core set of abilities in many interesting ways. Paladins will be free-to-play for PC and current-generation consoles and is currently in beta. www.paladins.com
About Hi-Rez Studios
Atlanta-based Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment, and is now one of the largest video game studios in the Southeast United States. Its games include the squad-based shooter Global Agenda, the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend and SMITE, the Battleground of the Gods. Hi-Rez Studios recently launched its first mobile game Jetpack Fighter, a swipe-to-attack high speed platformer with gear progression and is currently developing Paladins, a fantasy FPS with progression using collectible cards. www.HiRezStudios.com .
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017
- Fight Off Aggressive Lifeforms Across an Alien World in Orange Moon - September 28, 2017
- Mountain Biking, Hiking, Snowboarding, Camping, Gaming – We do a lot of stuff - September 28, 2017
- Awesome Beach Cruisers at SIKK Bicycles – Arizona Bike Shop - September 28, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017
- World of Tanks Console launches latest War Stories campaign - September 20, 2017