Quality-Of-Life Updates and Performance Improvements Top Priority List for Popular Shooter’s First Update
ROSWELL, GA – June 20, 2017 – Tripwire Interactive today released the first patch for its recently released tactical shooter Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, which has been a critical and commercial success since launching on May 30. Version 1.01 of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam contains a host of changes to the game inspired by player feedback, and an extensive list of bug fixes, also brought to the attention of the developers by the game’s committed community.
General Changes & Updates in Rising Storm 2: Vietnam version 1.01:
- Changed the way tiebreakers work on Territory mode – now the team which captures the most points will win in a tiebreaker situation, not the team with more points.
- Made it vastly easier to pick up dropped weapons
- Now by default, sprinting from prone will no longer return the player back to the prone stance when the player stops sprinting. You can change this setting in the gameplay options
- Various tweaks to various weapons’ collision, correcting the distance to walls at which certain weapons ‘lower’
- Reduced player movement speed while climbing ladders
- Reduced friendly fire penalties for commanders
- Increased the default pre-round delay from 10 seconds to 30. FYI, this will reset all servers to this new default time.
- Various tweaks to the order in which some items are listed in the inventory
- Tweaks to mouse sensitivity when using iron sights after adjusting slider values in settings
- Removed one specific tree from the landing zone in An Lao Valley, per a request from Reddit user SprayAndPlay. We agree with you, sir!
- Added more solid cover to Objective A on Cu Chi
- Improved the lighting inside Objective B on Compound
- Extended artillery protection zones to cover the entirety of the US spawns on Hill 937
- Added a red tunnel preview mesh which displays during the cooldown following the destruction of a spawn tunnel
- Improved the mesh for destroyed squad tunnel. Destroyed tunnels will very much look destroyed now
- Improved the animations when sprinting with grenades to avoid ‘foot sliding’
- Improved the third person animations for sprinting uphill with a sniper rifle equipped
- Improved the saturation and readability of the overhead maps
- Added an idle pose to the SVD when the magazine is empty, preventing the bolt handle from sliding forward incorrectly
- Bullet decals now stay on objects and surfaces on all maps for longer across all graphics settings
- The ‘After Action Report’ has been modified to show separate round end and match end slates. This makes it less confusing on which team exactly won
- Enlarged the ‘Change Camera’ text on the spectator view
- Updated the AK single fire sound to more closely match the full auto fire mode
- Updated the sound of the Bird Dog recon plane
- Improved the attenuation of grenade bounce sounds
- Added a different landing sound for smoke grenades. As such, players will now be able to discern, audibly, between grenade landing sounds
Player Vote Kick System
- Vote kicking is now default to Team-Only. This means that by default, servers will allow vote kicks only for members of your own team
For a full list of bug fixes and game changes, please consult the full Patch Notes for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/418460/announcements/
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is developed by Antimatter Games and published by Tripwire Interactive for PC.
Stay up-to-date with the latest Rising Storm 2: Vietnam news and information atwww.rs2Vietnam.com . You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam at any of these online channels: www.tripwireinteractive.com , on Discord at https://discord.gg/rs2vietnam, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RS2Vietnam/ , Twitter athttps://twitter.com/rs2vietnam, Reddit at /r/rs2vietnam, Instagram athttps://www.instagram.com/tripwireinteractive and on YouTube athttps://www.youtube.com/user/tripwireinteractive .
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam ©2017 Tripwire Interactive. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998-2016, Epic Games, Inc. Steam® is a registered trademark of Valve, Inc. This software product includes Autodesk® Human IK® property of Autodesk, Inc. 2008, Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk, “Autodesk® Human IK®“ is a registered trademark or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017
- Fight Off Aggressive Lifeforms Across an Alien World in Orange Moon - September 28, 2017
- Mountain Biking, Hiking, Snowboarding, Camping, Gaming – We do a lot of stuff - September 28, 2017
- Awesome Beach Cruisers at SIKK Bicycles – Arizona Bike Shop - September 28, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017
- World of Tanks Console launches latest War Stories campaign - September 20, 2017