MELBOURNE – Sept. 28, 2016 – The PAX Arena will bring three days of competitive gaming events, including the ESL Counter-Strike: Global Offensive AU & NZ Championship Finals, to PAX Aus, taking place Friday – Sunday, November 4-6, 2016 in Melbourne.
The ESL Counter-Strike: Global Offensive AU & NZ Championship Finals, presented by St. George, will wrap up seven weeks of seasonal league play and an intensive semi-final round. Teams still in the running for the finals include Athletico, Parallax, Team Immunity and Chiefs.ESC.
The top organizations will compete in the epic culmination of Season 2 for pride, glory, and a share of $20,000 AUD in prize money. The two best teams from Australia and New Zealand will battle it out live broadcast via the ESL’s CSGO Twitch.tv channel on Sunday, Nov. 5 at 10pm AEST from PAX Aus 2016.
- Round Robin – Tues. 4 Oct. 5am – 9am ET
- Round Robin – Wed. 5 Oct. 5am – 9am ET
- Round Robin – Tues. 11 Oct. 5am – 9am ET
- Round Robin – Wed. 12 Oct. 5am – 9am ET
- Semi-Finals – TBA
- Finals – Sat. Nov. 5 10pm ET
Championship Prize Pool:
- Grand Prize – $8,000
- Runner-Up – $4,000
- 3rd & 4th Place – $2,000 each
- 5th & 6th Place – $1,250 each
- 7th & 8th Place – $750 each
Badges for PAX Aus are still available and can be purchased online at http://aus.paxsite.com/registration. Single day badges cost $60 AUD, while three day passes are $160.
Journalists as well as content creators on YouTube and Twitch who are interested in attending to create coverage of the event and exhibitors can register for a media pass at http://aus.paxsite.com/registration, but registration closes on Friday, Sept. 30.
PAX or Penny Arcade Expo is a festival for gamers to celebrate gaming culture. First held in Seattle in 2004, PAX has nearly doubled in size each successive year, with PAX Prime 2014 selling out of tickets in a matter of minutes. Connecting the world’s leading game publishers with their most avid and influential fans, PAX expanded with a second show in Boston in 2010 and a third in San Antonio in 2015, making it the three largest gaming shows in North America. The first international PAX was held in Melbourne, Australia in 2013. For more information on PAX, please visit http://www.paxsite.com .
ESL, a part of the international digital entertainment group MTG, is the world’s largest esports company, leading the industry across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline competitions. It operates high profile, branded international and national leagues and tournaments such as the Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL One, ESL National Championships and other top tier stadium-size events, as well as grassroots amateur cups, leagues and matchmaking systems. ESL covers a broad field of services in gaming technology, event management, advertising and television production, fully catering to the needs of the esports ecosystem. With offices in North America, Germany, Russia, France, Poland, Spain, China, and partners in many other countries, it has a truly global footprint. For more information on ESL, please visit www.eslgaming.com .
ReedPOP is the largest producer of pop culture events in the world, a full-service boutique team that has the backing and muscle of a major international events organization. ReedPOP runs events such as New York Comic Con, Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo, Star Wars Celebration, Oz Comic-Con, Paris Comic Con, PAX Prime, PAX East, PAX South, Comic Con India, and more. For more information on the ESL, please visit http://www.reedpop.com
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017