Devs Detail Combat and Traversal Tactics Found in Extinction Skill Tree
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (Dec. 14, 2017) — Today, Iron Galaxy releases a new Extinctionfeaturette narrated by Executive Producer of the game, Derek Neal. Extinction is due to release this coming Spring. In the new video, Derek gives us a look at some useful skills players can equip to quickly eradicate the massive Ravenii threatening the kingdom of Dolorum.
Watch the Skills & Strategy Gameplay Video:
Choices matter in Extinction. It’s up to our hero, Avil, to use his powers to transport civilians to safety while also slaying his foes and completing other necessary objectives. Ground and air minions – known as Jackals and Vultures – each have to be dealt with in their own ways, but it’s the armoured Ravenii that require extra-special attention. One wrong move could mean death for the townspeople or destruction for the cities.
As seen in the Skills & Strategy video, there are a number of upgrades obtained through the game’s skill tree that will aid Avil tremendously, giving him an advantage over the many elite Ravenii he will battle. Some of these include the Rune Slowdown and Air Recovery abilities. One of the most important skills in the game, Rune Slowdown allows Avil to essentially freeze time, buying a few precious seconds to focus on a particularly difficult task. Air Recovery allows you to regain control when you fall or are knocked down, which will help you stay atop an ogre long enough to plan your next manoeuvre. This makes it a valuable skill to employ once you’ve successfully made contact with a Ravenii’s body.
Players will be able to cut down even the most well-armored opponent using these meaningful, skill-based combat tips. Learn more in the new trailer from Iron Galaxy, and look for the game in stores next year.
Extinction will be available on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and PC in Spring of 2018.
For more information:
- Head to Extinction.com
- Like the Facebook page
- Follow along on Twitter
- Watch the previous videos on YouTube
About Iron Galaxy
Located in Chicago and Orlando and founded in 2008, Iron Galaxy is a leading independent videogame development studio that focuses on tech outsourcing, porting and developing quality games. The company’s most notable products include Killer Instinct, Wreckateer, Divekick and Videoball. For more information, please visit www.irongalaxystudios.com .
About Maximum Games
Maximum Games ranks as a top 15 global video game publisher of interactive digital entertainment spanning all genres and supporting multi-platforms. The company’s mission is to provide a proven and strong hands-on approach to publishing, marketing and distribution. Established in 2009, the company is led by female entrepreneur Christina Seelye, a seasoned executive of digital consumer products and channel marketing. Under Seelye’s leadership, the company has been recognized with numerous awards such as “Fastest Growing Tech Company” by American Business Awards, and has made the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies for the past three years. Maximum Games has offices in both the US and UK, and continues to expand its scope of global publishing and distribution via direct reach and strategic partnerships. For more information on Maximum Games, visit the company’s website at http://www.maximumgames.com .
Developer: Iron Galaxy
Publisher: Maximum Games
Street Date: Spring 2018
Platforms: PlayStation®4 / Xbox One / PC (Windows)
PEGI: 18 (Provisional)
- Bicycle – I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike - January 16, 2018
- Android Laptop and Phone Hybris Most Awarded Razer Concept at CES 2018, World’s Largest Tech Show - January 16, 2018
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6 - January 16, 2018
- EXTRA DAY ADDED TO THE PUBLIC DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ EVENT! - January 12, 2018
- Achieve True* Wireless Freedom with Razer’s New HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology - January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon News - January 12, 2018
- Twindom and Kodak Announce the KODAK Full Body 3D Scanner - January 12, 2018
- Razer Phone First to Deliver Netflix in Both HDR & Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 Premium Smartphone Entertainment Experience - January 12, 2018
- Organizing and Getting this new year ready to roll - January 8, 2018
- MEDIA ALERT: DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ! - January 3, 2018