PREPARE TO INVADE AND CONQUER AS ORIENTAL EMPIRES LAUNCHES ON STEAM EARLY ACCESS THIS SEPTEMBER
Historical Turn-Based 4x PC Strategy Title to Bring Epic Battles to Ancient China
Haarlem, The Netherlands – August 30, 2016 – Iceberg Interactive, the publisher well-known for its love of 4x strategy titles, has today announced that the historical turn-based 4x title, Oriental Empires, will be available for PC via Steam Early Access on September 20, 2016 for $29,99. Created by industry veterans R.T. Smith and John Carline, both who worked on the original Total War game, Oriental Empires is currently in Closed Beta. Iceberg is anticipating a relatively short Early Access period of a maximum of 2 months, which will comprise of adding the muptiplayer part, balancing and final polish as well as incorporating player feedback .
Discover more about China’s history in a series of Era videos taking place in Oriental Empires. Today, the first Era video is released ‘The Early Bronze Age’ and can be viewed on Iceberg’s Youtube Channel.
In Oriental Empires, the historical landscapes of ancient China takes center stage. Set in one of mankind’s greatest civilizations, Oriental Empires brings the unique mountains, forests, plains and deserts of China to life in one spectacular strategy experience. Control a city or tribe from the dawn of Chinese history and turn it into a great empire. Develop lands, create great cities in order to raise huge armies and engage in epic wars set to make its mark on history!
- Start out as a single nation or tribe, starting from humble beginnings with a single settlement and expand your empire and develop your culture with the aim of becoming the universally recognized Son of Heaven and ruler of the world
- Persuade the other factions to recognize you as such by either military force or by diplomatic persuasion
- Play as one of 16 different factions each with their own special bonuses or penalties
- Vast beautifully rendered map featuring an attractive and authentic depiction of the landscape of China and Mongolia
- Large scale battles with hundreds or thousands of soldiers, depicted in detail right on the game map. Watch skilled armies and reinforcements go to battle, according to the battle orders and formations set by the player
- Fully animated 3D models, with variations in face and clothing for each model, including infantry, cavalry, chariot and artillery units, as well as naval forces
- Long seamless zoom range lets you step right into the game world or zoom out for a strategic overview
- Develop your settlements by constructing buildings and developing the landscape around them, build markets and ports to enable trade by land and water
- Elaborate research tree including technology as well as cultural, philosophical and religious developments
- Many other elements will determine the outcome of your quest for dominance such as Leaders, Sieges, Unrest and Rebellion, and Authority and Culture ratings
- As Emperor, set edicts, laws and decrees to balance power and move into a glorious new Era, with new technologies and military units that change the game
For more information regarding Oriental Empires, please visit the official website at: www.orientalempires.com .
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. Garnering attention with acclaimed releases over recent years, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, StarDrive and Starpoint Gemini 2, the company has an exceptional current line-up, including Oriental Empires, Dawn of Andromeda, Lord of Rigel, Killing Floor 2, Starpoint Gemini Warlords and Starship Corporation – with further promising games in the pipeline.
Play it cool!
- We’ve Started Mountain Biking - August 21, 2017
- Attack on Titan 2 – Game News - August 21, 2017
- Monster Hunter: World – Game News - August 18, 2017
- Spintires: MudRunner – Game News - August 18, 2017
- In Another World With My Smartphone (2017) – Anime Review - August 16, 2017
- Join us in Twitch – We’re Live at least 1 time a day everyday - August 16, 2017
- Are you a True Nerd or a True PC Gamer? - August 16, 2017
- Black Mirror – Game News - August 16, 2017
- DESTINY 2 PC AVAILABILITY AND TRAILER - August 16, 2017
- ARK: Survival Evolved – Extensive Hands-On Experience Available At gamescom 2017 - August 15, 2017