REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (August 30, 2016) – Crystal Dynamics® today released the Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration™ gamescom theater demo. In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara becomes more than a survivor, and embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition in search of the secret of immortality. She’ll explore a vast and hostile world, engage in guerilla combat, and discover deadly tombs.
The video showcase begins with the cinematic action of “Thin Ice” from the main campaign, as Lara fights to escape Trinity in a frozen Siberian wasteland. Next is a preview of “Blood Ties”, which will feature over an hour of new single-player story as Lara’s uncle challenges her ownership of Croft Manor. Lara’s determined to prove that she’s the rightful heir and reclaim her legacy, but to do that she must confront the secrets of her past. Finally, there’s a look at the new “Lara’s Nightmare” combat mode, in which Lara must protect her childhood home from hordes of the undead.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience, and also includes PlayStation VR support, co-op Endurance mode, an “Extreme Survivor” difficulty mode, 5 classic Lara skins, an outfit and weapon inspired by TR III, and all of the previously released DLC. The game launches on PS4 October 11th, and the new content will be included as part of the Season Pass on Xbox One and PC.
Official Homepage: www.TOMBRAIDER.com
Official Twitter: @TOMBRAIDER
Official Facebook page: http://facebook.com/TOMBRAIDER
Official YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/TOMBRAIDER
About TOMB RAIDER
The TOMB RAIDER franchise has sold over 46 million copies worldwide and inspired one of the most successful video game film adaptations in history, grossing over $300 million at the global box office with protagonist Lara Croft becoming a contemporary global icon. The most recent release in the world famous franchise, Rise of the Tomb Raider, released exclusively for Xbox One and Xbox 360 on November 9, 2015 and on PC January 28, 2016. The game has received numerous “Best of” nominations and is one of the highest rated games on next generation systems. All of this has made TOMB RAIDER once again a destination brand for action-adventure.
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017
- Fight Off Aggressive Lifeforms Across an Alien World in Orange Moon - September 28, 2017
- Mountain Biking, Hiking, Snowboarding, Camping, Gaming – We do a lot of stuff - September 28, 2017
- Awesome Beach Cruisers at SIKK Bicycles – Arizona Bike Shop - September 28, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017
- World of Tanks Console launches latest War Stories campaign - September 20, 2017