HUMAN HEAD STUDIOS ANNOUNCES OPEN-WORLD VIKING RPG RUNE: RAGNAROK FOR PC
MADISON, Wis. (Aug. 28, 2017) – Human Head Studios has revealed Rune: Ragnarok, a sandbox, open-world RPG set in a dangerous Norse universe during the end of days. A highly anticipated follow-up to Rune, the team’s hit action-adventure game, Rune: Ragnarok places players in the middle of an epic battle where gods, beasts, and the last remaining humans struggle to survive.
By pledging allegiance to one of the Norse gods, players gain favor and special abilities to aid them as they raid enemy villages, fight the undead in brutal melee combat, sail to new lands, and craft powerful weapons to complete the goals of their god and conclude Ragnarok.
From Project Director Chris Rhinehart: “After seventeen years, we are thrilled to finally announce a new Rune game. In the spirit of the original, Rune: Ragnarok has intense and brutal combat in a world steeped in Norse mythology. We can’t wait to show you what we’ve created.”
Development of Rune: Ragnarok is being funded by ESDF Management, a video game production and finance company.
“Rune: Ragnarok is the first video game we’ve committed to financing. We’re incredibly excited to support the vision that our partners at Human Head Studios have offered for long-time fans and newcomers to Rune alike,” said ESDF Managing Partner, Matt Candler.
About Human Head Studios
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, Human Head Studios is an independent studio with more than 20 years of experience designing and developing commercial video games. Having worked on almost two dozen projects, the studio is best known for its critically acclaimed, award-winning titles Rune and Prey. Human Head has also contributed to the development of mega hits Bioshock Infinite, World of Tanks, and Batman: Arkham Origins. The studio is currently hard at work on multiple projects for PC and next-gen consoles. For more information, visit www.humanhead.com .
About ESDF Management
ESDF Management is a California-based video game production and finance company, led by a veteran team with experience in fundraising, development, and marketing. Backed by some of the best partners and investors in the industry, ESDF is focused on working with top creative talent to make fun, high-quality games and world-class intellectual property. For more information, visit https://esdfmgt.com.
- Ultimate trivia game It’s Quiz Time out now on Xbox One - December 15, 2017
- Powerful Skills Revealed in New Extinction Trailer - December 15, 2017
- Overwatch League Preseason play begins December 7 - December 6, 2017
- Wonder (2017) – Movie Review - November 27, 2017
- Loading Bar to Host Official Viewing Party for Gfinity Elite Series Street Fighter V Finals - November 27, 2017
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017