RWBY: Grimm Eclipse (2016) – Game Review
Game Review –
Not too long ago I had the honor to start watching and becoming a fan of RWBY, an anime by Rooster Teeth. Upon falling in love with the show my journey to collect all of their merchandise began. Not too long after looking into their merchandise on Rooster Teeth’s Official Website I noticed that they had released a game called RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, instantly I added it to my shopping cart on steam.
I was so excited to play it that I didn’t start it up immediately as I felt I should kick back a little longer to watch some more of the show. I started an episode of RWBY and tried to start watching but in the back of my mind, all I could think about was that I had the game and that I should play it, so I did.
I wanted to record a youtube of my play through from the moment I launched it so I started a quick stream on our Twitch to get it rolling when I launched the game I was instantly in love with it. The music in the game is various alterations of the official theme songs by Jeff Williams featuring his daughter Casey Williams (This will be the day, and Time to say goodbye). The UI of the game was perfectly appealing and of course, I started my first game in story mode as Ruby Rose.
The game started as I used an XBoxOne controller, the maneuverability with the controller was perfect; though after time playing I did find that using the up button when I leveled didn’t work. After playing the game for about 2 hours straight I stopped the stream for a bit to set the game up on my main system and play “off-stream” without a controller to give it a shot that way too. Perfection! Using mouse and keyboard became rather simpler for me as I am a PC gamer, after all, everything worked fine. Onward through the game as I started it fresh and new from the beginning, I spend 5 more hours straight playing as Ruby Rose as I began to level over and over while hack and slashing my way to victory. Hack and Slash is one of my favorite genre of games to play especially 3rd person view, and RWBY: Grimm Eclipse certainly had a perfect 3rd person camera view for my taste in games.
Officially RWBY: Grimm Eclipse has earned its way into my top 10 games and I look forward to lots more playing it. Of course, I did run into a hiccup or two but nothing that would stop me from playing. The guys at Rooster Teeth gave the fans of RWBY a beautiful gaming experience and I thank them.
Game Info –
GRIMM ECLIPSE is a 4 player, online co-op, hack and slash game based upon Rooster Teeth’s international hit series RWBY.
Game Details –
RWBY: GRIMM ECLIPSE is a 4 player, online co-op, hack and slash game based upon Rooster Teeth’s international hit series RWBY.
Get ready for intense combat action as you battle Grimm across familiar locations of Remnant including new areas never before seen in the show. Play as Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang in this character-driven adventure that explores new storylines, new Grimm types, and a new villain!
The fast paced, hack and slash gameplay takes inspiration from games such as Dynasty Warriors, combined with team play elements from Left 4 Dead, to create over-the-top, co-op combat along with engaging missions and storytelling.
- 4 Player Online Co-op (Multiplayer)
- Play as Team RWBY – Ruby, Weiss, Blake, or Yang, each with their own unlockable abilities and upgrades
- Experience an exclusive storyline with new locations, enemies, and a new villain never before seen in the show
- Full voiceover from the cast of the show, plus new voice talent
- Ranked challenges, unlocks, and achievements
- Horde Mode featuring 3 unique maps focused on intense co-op action, strategy, and defense turrets. Protect security nodes and survive waves of Grimm!
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie
Developer: Rooster Teeth Games
Publisher: Rooster Teeth Games
Release Date: Jul 5, 2016
My Play Through
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017
- Fight Off Aggressive Lifeforms Across an Alien World in Orange Moon - September 28, 2017
- Mountain Biking, Hiking, Snowboarding, Camping, Gaming – We do a lot of stuff - September 28, 2017
- Awesome Beach Cruisers at SIKK Bicycles – Arizona Bike Shop - September 28, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017