Release Date announced at Tokyo Game Show
Daedalic Entertainment and Mimimi Productions present their real time tactics game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun at the Tokyo Game Show 2016. In Tokyo, media representatives and visitors can prove their tactical prowess inHall 9, Booth 2 in an exclusive hands-on version of the game.
During the Asian exhibition Daedalic Entertainment and Mimimi Productions will announce the official release date: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is scheduled for release on December 6th 2016 for PC, Mac and Linux. In 2017, the game will be released for PlayStation®4 und Xbox One™.
About Shadow Tactics – Blades of the Shogun
In the year 1615, a new Shogun rises to power in Japan and strives to bring peace to the realm. In his battle against rebellion he recruits five specialists with extraordinary skills for assassination, sabotage and espionage.
One part of this team is Hayato, an agile ninja, who clears the way through his enemies silently with sword and shuriken. The Samurai Mugen is a bit more straight forward and can defeat more opponents at once at the expense of flexibility. Aiko is a master of camouflage when she distracts enemies as a Geisha, and the street child Yuki places traps and lures the enemies towards their deadly fate. Takuma, however, relies on his sniper rifle and takes care of the enemies from a distance.
The player has to carefully evaluate his options in order to master the challenging missions: how will the characters behave as a team? Which one is best equipped for each task? How can they master the given environments best? Come up with your own ingenious tactics to vanquish enemies and complete missions.
- Comeback of a genre: Real-time tactics with stealth elements
- Ninja, Samurai, Geisha, Trapper and Sniper – five simultaneously playable characters with unique and versatile skills
- Challenging missions, worthy of a strategical mastermind
- Thirteen missions with a free moving isometric camera perspective
- Beautiful environments of the Edo period of Ancient Japan
Please find the official announcement teaser right here:
The Developer Walkthrough showing the game in its beta-phase can be found here:
These are the official websites:
About Daedalic Entertainment
Daedalic Entertainment, based in Hamburg, publishes and develops computer and video games for all platforms. The studio focuses on interactive literature and character and narrative-driven games like adventures and RPGs. Daedalic Entertainment has a staff of more than 160 employees, including the Writer’s Room, a team of writers unique to the German media industry.
Since May 2014, Daedalic Entertainment is part of the Bastei Lübbe group of companies. In July 2014, the publisher opend a new studio, Daedalic Entertainment West, in Düsseldorf. The studio’s first project is the Space Exploration RPG The Long Journey Home.
Daedalic won the German Developer Award 21 times („Studio of the Year“ 2009 and 2013, among others). In 2013, the studio won the prestigious German Games Award for “Best German Game” with “Chaos on Deponia”. Daedalic Entertainment is also the six-time winner of the German Video Game Award and the European Games Award.
With titles like State of Mind, Silence, The Devil’s Men and Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, Daedalic will raise the bar for the whole adventure genre. With Blackguards they also gained a reputation for creation of high quality RPG games. As a publisher, the studio is also known for releasing unique and outstanding titles like Shadow Tactics, Crazy Machines 3, Valhalla Hills and Bounty Train.
About Mimimi Productions
Mimimi Productions, an independent studio founded in 2011 based in Munich develops high quality games with a unique look, where a characteristic visual style meets innovation.
Mimimi Production gave their acclaimed debut with daWindci, a 2.5D puzzle game for iPhone and iPad, that won the Apple Design Award. The Last Tinker: City of Colors, a 3D action adventure inspired by classics such as Jak And Daxter and Banjo Kazooie was released in the summer of 2014 for PlayStation®4, PC, Mac und Linux.
- Overwatch League Preseason play begins December 7 - December 6, 2017
- Wonder (2017) – Movie Review - November 27, 2017
- Loading Bar to Host Official Viewing Party for Gfinity Elite Series Street Fighter V Finals - November 27, 2017
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017