20 years of Tomb Raider continues as Square Enix also debuts the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration Challenge. Inspired by classic game shows from the 80s and 90s and hosted by Jessica Chobot, this event brought together 12 Internet icons as they competed for the Golden Climbing Axe to be crowned the ultimate Tomb Raider, as well as win prize money for their favorite charity!
Contestants included Melonie Mac, Doug Le of Nukem Dukem, Jessica Villarreal, “Atomic” Mari Takahashi, Jake & Logan from team Epiphany, Swiftor, Pamela Horton, Nick Gregorio, Fairlight Excalibur, Peter Paras of GameRevolution, and Malik Forte.
Fans can check out a teaser of all the action at Challenge.tombraider.com. Episode 1 of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration Challenge will go live on October 6 and Episode 2 will release on October 12 following the launch of Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience, and includes Rise of the Tomb Raider, the new story chapter “Blood Ties”, “Lara’s Nightmare” zombie combat mode, PlayStation VR support for “Blood Ties”, co-op Endurance gameplay, an “Extreme Survivor” difficulty, 5 classic Lara skins, and an outfit and weapon inspired by TR III. It also includes all of the previously released downloadable content such as “Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch”, “Cold Darkness Awakened”, 12 outfits, 7 weapons, multiple Expedition Card packs, and more. The game launches on PS4 October 11th, and the new content will be included as part of the Season Pass on Xbox One and PC.
About TOMB RAIDER
The TOMB RAIDER franchise has sold over 46 million copies worldwide and inspired one of the most successful video game film adaptations in history, grossing over $300 million at the global box office with protagonist Lara Croft becoming a contemporary global icon. The most recent release in the world famous franchise, Rise of the Tomb Raider, released exclusively for Xbox One and Xbox 360 on November 9, 2015 and on PC January 28, 2016. The game has received numerous “Best of” nominations and is one of the highest rated games on next generation systems. All of this has made TOMB RAIDER once again a destination brand for action-adventure.
- Monster Hunter: World – Game News - August 18, 2017
- Spintires: MudRunner – Game News - August 18, 2017
- In Another World With My Smartphone (2017) – Anime Review - August 16, 2017
- Join us in Twitch – We’re Live at least 1 time a day everyday - August 16, 2017
- Are you a True Nerd or a True PC Gamer? - August 16, 2017
- Black Mirror – Game News - August 16, 2017
- DESTINY 2 PC AVAILABILITY AND TRAILER - August 16, 2017
- ARK: Survival Evolved – Extensive Hands-On Experience Available At gamescom 2017 - August 15, 2017
- Okinawa Rush – Game News - August 14, 2017
- DEADHOLD: HEADS, LIMBS AND STEAM EARLY ACCESS ON AUGUST 25th - August 14, 2017