LOS ANGELES (Jan. 15, 2018) – SQUARE ENIX® opens up new ways for fans to journey through the massive world of FINAL FANTASY XV with FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION for the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION, coming to STEAM®, Origin and Windows 10. The special editions feature the base game and over 20 game add-ons / DLC (downloadable content), as well as new features including an expanded map of Insomnia with new enemies and side quests and a first-person camera mode.
FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION and FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITIONwill feature*:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game
*Internet access is required
*FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES requires a subscription to an Xbox Live Gold membership or a PlayStation®Plus subscription.
A benchmark tool and instructions to help players optimize their PCs for the game’s launch will be available beginning February 1. Please visit the official website for more information. FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION supports Native 4K and 8K resolutions with HDR10 and DOLBY ATMOS® along with ongoing mod support. Minimum, recommended and 4K PC specifications for players looking to enjoy the ultimate experience on PC are outlined below*.
|Minimum Specs||Recommended Specs||4K HDR Specs|
|OS||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 10 64-bit Fall Creators update|
|CPU||Intel® Core™ i5-2500（3.3GHz and above）
AMD FX™-6100 （3.3GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-3770（3.4GHz and above）
AMD FX™-8350（4.0 GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-7700 （3.6GHz and above）
AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600X （3.6GHz and above）
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050
AMD Radeon™ R9 280
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
Radeon™ RX 480
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti|
|Hard Disc Free Space on SSD||OVER 100GB||OVER 155GB|
|Sound Card||DirectSound® Sound Card, Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos|
|Other||DVD-ROM／DVD-ROM Drive*, mouse, keyboard, gamepad**
*A DVD-ROM Drive (one-sided 1 layer / 2 layer) is required
**Game is compatible with gamepad but not required
*Note that if the customer’s computer doesn’t meet the operating environment requirements, or even in the case that it does meet the environment requirements and recommended requirements, there will be cases where the operations may not function correctly due to the combinations or compatibility between each of the drivers, hardware and software.
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION* will be available for STEAM, Origin and Windows 10 for $49.99. Starting February 1, fans who pre-order the PC version will receive store-specific pre-order and early purchase bonuses. By pre-ordering through the Windows Store, fans will receive the bonus “FFXV Powerup Pack.” This pack contains items designed to power up the player’s performance in combat. By pre-ordering through STEAM**, fans will receive the bonus “FFXV Fashion Collection.” This pack contains a selection of outfits for the prince and his pals. Those who pre-order on Origin will receive the bonus “FFXV Decal Selection.” This pack contains an array of cool and colorful decals for the Regalia. More details on the early purchase bonuses will be available at a later time. More details regarding the pre-order bonuses are available here: http://sqex.to/FF15PC.
*Note that the physical version disc is an installer only. Internet connection as well as STEAM account registration is required in order to play the game. Any internet access fee or connection fee must be covered by the customer.
**Note that the physical STEAM version will not come with the preorder bonus. The early purchase bonus will be included.
FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION will be available for the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system for $49.99, and will feature a new package design by legendary artist Yoshitaka Amano. The “FINAL FANTASY XV Royal Pack,” including new downloadable content in FINAL FANTASY XVROYAL EDITION, will also be available separately on March 6 for $19.99 via the Xbox Store and the PlayStation®Store. This purchasable pack allows existing players of FINAL FANTASY XV to enjoy the new features by applying the pack to the base game.
FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION and FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITIONare rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 135 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 75 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 63 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
© 2016-2018 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
MAIN CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA
FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY XV logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. DOLBY and DOLBY ATMOS are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. © 2017 Dolby Laboratories, Inc. All other marks are properties of their respective owners.
- For the love of the Suffering the training wheels have been removed #adventurecycling - February 17, 2018
- What’s Up. - February 2, 2018
- Let’s bring in 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Bicycle – I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike - January 16, 2018
- Android Laptop and Phone Hybris Most Awarded Razer Concept at CES 2018, World’s Largest Tech Show - January 16, 2018
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6 - January 16, 2018
- EXTRA DAY ADDED TO THE PUBLIC DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ EVENT! - January 12, 2018
- Achieve True* Wireless Freedom with Razer’s New HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology - January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon News - January 12, 2018
- Twindom and Kodak Announce the KODAK Full Body 3D Scanner - January 12, 2018