TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX SIEGE OPERATION VELVET SHELL AVAILABLE FROM TODAY
THE FIRST MAIN CONTENT UPDATE OF YEAR 2 INTRODUCES A BRAND-NEW MAP WITH TWO NEW OPERATORS, AN ADDITIONAL GAMEPLAY FEATURE AS WELL AS A MAJOR NAVIGATION UPDATE
VELVET SHELL TRAILER: YOUTUBE
London, UK — February 7th 2017 – Today, Ubisoft announced that Operation Velvet Shell, the first free update of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Year 2, will be available for Xbox One, Sony Playstation®4 and Windows PC from February 7th, 2017. Year 2 pass holders will instantly receive the two new Operators of the Spanish Counter Terrorist Unit as well as their four signature weapons skins. Non-Season Pass owners will be able to unlock them using the ‘Renown’ in-game currency or R6 Credits from February 14th, 2017.
The new Coastline map featuring Operation Velvet Shell
In Operation Velvet Shell, players will assume the role of two Spanish operators from the Grupo Especial de Operaciones and attempt to regain control of the Ibiza coastline using their unique tactical expertise:
- Mira has proven her strength and endurance in tactical situations, but her best asset is her technical expertise. Her specialty is creating Black Mirrors, nearly indestructible horizontal one-way windows that can be punched into barricades or destructible walls. Combined with the Vector 45 ACP and ITA12L as her primary weapons, enemies can rapidly go from “spotted” to “dead.”
- Jackal has developed his expertise in tracking down High Value Targets and intercepting narcotics shipments with the G.E.O.s. Equipped with the C7E and PDW9 as primary weapons, Jackal can also activate his Eyenox Model III headset to track enemy footprints. The more recent the prints, the “hotter” they’ll appear in Jackal’s view, so if you see bright red bootprints, there’s likely an enemy nearby!
Additionally, as part of the ongoing commitment to enrich the Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege playing experience, Year 2 will start with a new dynamic navigation interface, making player activity such as challenges, news and boosters available in the same place. Xavier Marquis, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Creative Director explains, “We are working hard on ensuring the game’s longevity. We are here to stay so want to make sure that you’re getting comfortable”.
To learn more about Operation Velvet shell, please visit www.rainbow6.com/VelvetShell
About Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
Inspired by real-world counter-terrorist organizations, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege puts players in the middle of lethal close-quarter confrontations. For the first time in a Rainbow Six game, players will engage in sieges, a new style of assault where enemies have the means to transform their environments into modern strongholds while Rainbow Six teams lead the assault to breach the enemy’s position. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege gives players unprecedented control over their ability to fortify their position by reinforcing walls and floors, using barbed wire and deployable shields, laying mines and more, or to breach the enemies’ position using observation drones, setting charges, rappelling and more. The fast pace and uniqueness of each siege sets a new bar for intense firefights, strategic gameplay and competitive gaming.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2015-16 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,394 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2015 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Tom Clancy’s, Rainbow Six, The Soldier Icon, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017
- Fight Off Aggressive Lifeforms Across an Alien World in Orange Moon - September 28, 2017
- Mountain Biking, Hiking, Snowboarding, Camping, Gaming – We do a lot of stuff - September 28, 2017
- Awesome Beach Cruisers at SIKK Bicycles – Arizona Bike Shop - September 28, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017
- World of Tanks Console launches latest War Stories campaign - September 20, 2017