Transcendence (2014) – Movie Review
Movie Review –
Transcendence (2014) is a beautiful conceptual piece displaying how intelligence can heal a planet and the betrayal by those who are trusted will destroy it. It’s a wonderful film filled with a great cast, and the perfect story-line, with a rather sad ending. Transcendence (2014) is a story about better creation, a way to build a better world; though in typical great things that help they tend to always get stopped. Transcendence (2014) is a very well balanced film that enjoy often to watch, as I’m a sci-fi computer nerd that loves movies on this topic. I’ve watched Transcendence probably 30 plus times since it’s release and not once was I let down other than how the film ends.
Our Rating based on 1-5 Stars: 4 stars
IMDB Info –
A scientist’s drive for artificial intelligence, takes on dangerous implications when his consciousness is uploaded into one such program.
Plot or Story Line –
Dr. Will Caster (Johnny Depp) is the foremost researcher in the field of Artificial Intelligence, working to create a sentient machine that combines the collective intelligence of everything ever known with the full range of human emotions. His highly controversial experiments have made him famous, but they have also made him the prime target of anti-technology extremists who will do whatever it takes to stop him. However, in their attempt to destroy Will, they inadvertently become the catalyst for him to succeed-to be a participant in his own transcendence. For his wife Evelyn (Rebecca Hall) and best friend Max Waters (Paul Bettany), both fellow researchers, the question is not if they can…but if they should. Their worst fears are realized as Will’s thirst for knowledge evolves into a seemingly omnipresent quest for power, to what end is unknown. The only thing that is becoming terrifyingly clear is there may be no way to stop him.
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017