Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) – Movie Review
Movie Review –
We made it out to watch Transformers: The Last Knight yesterday and honestly it was pretty good, though it wasn’t one of the best of the Transformer films. When we got to the theater we were quite excited as we’re fans of Transformers so we knew it would at least be entertaining and to us, it was, though a few items stuck out to me and it made it hard to watch afterward.
Just as most big blockbuster films they tend to fall short in many areas due to all the hype and marketing, usually a heavily marketed movie tends to show that the movie will be very bad; Transformers: The Last Knight wasn’t bad but it did use some tricks from other movies.
Let’s give the breakdown. The acting was as it always has been, very well done by all of the cast. As for CGI/Effects, well… it’s Transformers that’s exactly where all the money went, and it was good. The story: well many places in the story they seem to have dropped the ball; it’s as if they cut a lot of scenes and forgot to patch the film or it was sloppy scripting though I’m not sure which. Cinematography, I’m quite blown away that the Transformers franchise would do such a thing but they did pull tricks (very noticeable) from “Suicide Squad”, and Guardians of the Galaxy”; when these scenes in the movie started to show I almost walked out of the theater.
Movies have certainly run out of using their own ideas and spend more time mimicking other films and honestly, it sickens me to see it, try some originality.
In short, Transformers: The Last Knight is an entertaining film.
Our Rating based on 1-5 Stars: 3 stars
IMDB Info –
Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth.
Director: Michael Bay
Writers: Art Marcum (screenplay), Matt Holloway (screenplay)
Stars: Mark Wahlberg, Anthony Hopkins, Josh Duhamel
Plot or Story Line –
Optimus Prime finds his dead home planet, Cybertron, in which he comes to find he was responsible for its destruction. He finds a way to bring Cybertron back to life, but in order to do so, Optimus needs to find an artifact that is on Earth.
- Hatebreed Announce Support Acts for Fall Anniversary Tour - September 12, 2017
- Bloody Zombies Now Available on Major VR Platforms, PlayStation 4 and Steam. - September 12, 2017
- BE A HERO: Hurricane Relief Event - September 12, 2017
- It (2017) – Movie Review - September 8, 2017
- An average day with a beautiful end to it - September 5, 2017
- It has been an unbelievable Journey so far – Cycling - September 3, 2017
- Black Desert Online – Game News - August 29, 2017
- Rune: Ragnarok – Game News - August 29, 2017
- Cycling – We found out why Bikes vary so much in Price – You get what you pay for - August 29, 2017
- Logan Lucky (2017) – Movie Review - August 25, 2017