Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) – Movie Review
Movie Review –
We made it out to watch Transformers: The Last Knight yesterday and honestly it was pretty good, though it wasn’t one of the best of the Transformer films. When we got to the theater we were quite excited as we’re fans of Transformers so we knew it would at least be entertaining and to us, it was, though a few items stuck out to me and it made it hard to watch afterward.
Just as most big blockbuster films they tend to fall short in many areas due to all the hype and marketing, usually a heavily marketed movie tends to show that the movie will be very bad; Transformers: The Last Knight wasn’t bad but it did use some tricks from other movies.
Let’s give the breakdown. The acting was as it always has been, very well done by all of the cast. As for CGI/Effects, well… it’s Transformers that’s exactly where all the money went, and it was good. The story: well many places in the story they seem to have dropped the ball; it’s as if they cut a lot of scenes and forgot to patch the film or it was sloppy scripting though I’m not sure which. Cinematography, I’m quite blown away that the Transformers franchise would do such a thing but they did pull tricks (very noticeable) from “Suicide Squad”, and Guardians of the Galaxy”; when these scenes in the movie started to show I almost walked out of the theater.
Movies have certainly run out of using their own ideas and spend more time mimicking other films and honestly, it sickens me to see it, try some originality.
In short, Transformers: The Last Knight is an entertaining film.
Our Rating based on 1-5 Stars: 3 stars
IMDB Info –
Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth.
Director: Michael Bay
Writers: Art Marcum (screenplay), Matt Holloway (screenplay)
Stars: Mark Wahlberg, Anthony Hopkins, Josh Duhamel
Plot or Story Line –
Optimus Prime finds his dead home planet, Cybertron, in which he comes to find he was responsible for its destruction. He finds a way to bring Cybertron back to life, but in order to do so, Optimus needs to find an artifact that is on Earth.
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017