UK POST HARDCORE OUTFIT WARS SIGN WORLDWIDE DEAL WITH SPINEFARM RECORDS
NEW SINGLE “THAT BY DISCORD THINGS INCREASE” OUT NOW
SPINEFARM DEBUT WE ARE ISLANDS, AFTER ALL OUT JANUARY 27
Spinefarm Records, the hard rockin’ heart of the Universal Music Group, is excited to announce the worldwide signing of UK five-piece wars. The band will release its Spinefarm debut We Are Islands, After All on January 27, 2017.
But you don’t need to wait until next year to get acquainted with wars and their new album. Watch the ‘That By Discord Things Increase‘ video here. The song is the first single from We Are Islands, After All.
This young group, from the northern town of Rugby, released independent EP, And So The Sea Will Claim Us All, back in 2015. It was a potent exercise in furious metallic hardcore, featuring the video track “Weathered Eyes.” This initial outing saw the musicians grabbing the attention of fans and media alike, including the Radio One Rock Show, supported by live shows with artists such as Bury Tomorrow, Hacktivist, Creeper and, more recently, SHVPES.
For their debut album, the band — Rob Vicars, vocals; Sam Barnard, guitar & vocals; Lee Tysall, drums; Matt Burns, guitar; Rich Bennett, bass — opted to engage the skills of noted UK producer/musician Matt O’Grady(You Me At Six, Deaf Havana, Don Broco, etc.), with Alan Douches, chief engineer at West West Side Music on the US East Coast, handling the mastering.
The album is a 10-strong body of work, housed in the striking artwork of Romanian graphic artist Costin Chioreanu from Twilight13media, who has previously provided visuals for acts such as At the Gates, Darkthrone and Mayhem.
The record successfully mixes alt rock and melodic hardcore, matching power and passion to rising choruses, with vocalist Colin Doran, of Hundred Reasons repute, guesting on lead single ‘That By Discord Things Increase.”
“Signing to Spinefarm is a huge step for us,” reflects Sam Barnard. “Being on the same label as some of our idols is truly insane! We are super excited about what the future holds, working with a passionate team of music fans that really believe in us and our music.”
“We’re also delighted to have ‘That By Discord Things Increase’ leading the charge,” continues Rob Vicars. “As it’s a really significant starting point for everything we’ve been working on this last year. It was an honor to have Colin Doran, a collective hero of ours, involved, and generally the song ties together a lot of the concepts and themes that snake through the album. It’s a defining track for us, and we’re impossibly excited to finally have people hear it.”
2017 will be a busy year for wars, with more singles and videos being released and a full touring schedule being pursued.
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017