Unique Vehicle-Building Game Scrap Mechanic Sells Over Half A Million Copies
Stockholm, Sweden (January 19, 2017)
Axolot Games today announced that their popular sandbox game, Scrap Mechanic, has sold over 500,000 copies on Steam Early Access. Released worldwide on January 20th 2016, the game has gone on to enjoy great success as its feature set continues to grow.
Kacper Antonius, CEO at Axolot Games couldn’t be happier with how the game has performed:
”It has been an amazing first year for us at Axolot Games. We owe this remarkable achievement to our passionate and creative community, who constantly surprise and inspire us with their Scrap Mechanic creations. It’s the players that help us drive the game’s development forward, allowing us to ensure that Scrap Mechanic is the best game that it can be. We can’t wait to share the exciting new things we’ve been working on later this year!”
Axolot Games are committed to continue enriching the world of Scrap Mechanic and the team are currently hard at work on an all new Survival mode due later in 2017. This mode will add exploration, crafting and a wealth of new challenges for players to overcome if they are to survive each day.
Check out the latest Scrap Mechanic trailer here.
Scrap Mechanic is available on Steam Early Access now for $19.99/€19.99/£14.99.
For more information visit www.scrapmechanic.com
To keep up with all the latest Scrap Mechanic news follow our social media below: Facebook: www.facebook.com/scrapmechanic Twitter: www.twitter.com/scrapmechanic
About Scrap Mechanic
The machine-filled creative paradise of Scrap Mechanic is a multiplayer sandbox game with imagination and ingenuity at its core.
In the game, you’ll find yourself exploring, scavenging and collecting objects from all over a wide-open interactive world. With these gathered objects you’ll build shelters as well as impressive moving vehicles and machines that will help you survive all the treacherous adventures ahead of you. Team up with friends or fight against robots and the kinds of unscrupulous types who want to steal your stuff.
Scrap Mechanic will be released on Steam Early Access on January 20, 2016 and comes with a robust creative mode. A Survival Mode release is planned further into 2016.
About Axolot Games
Axolot Games is an independent game company founded in 2012 by Kacper Antonius and Pontus Holmbom. The company’s first PC game ‘Scrap Mechanic’ evolved directly from Minecraft: 2011 saw the team build a playable Xbox 360 test build for Mojang, a collaboration which never came to fruition.
The Axolot team took their ideas for a more technically ambitious building survival game, offering a brand new playing experience within the genre. Starting off life as a two-man team, Scrap Mechanic’s success has seen the studio expand to a team of 10.
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017
- Fight Off Aggressive Lifeforms Across an Alien World in Orange Moon - September 28, 2017
- Mountain Biking, Hiking, Snowboarding, Camping, Gaming – We do a lot of stuff - September 28, 2017
- Awesome Beach Cruisers at SIKK Bicycles – Arizona Bike Shop - September 28, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017
- World of Tanks Console launches latest War Stories campaign - September 20, 2017