Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) – Movie Review
Movie Review –
Yesterday we had the time to head out and check out the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) though when purchasing tickets the theater was almost empty, at the same time so was Spiderman Homecoming and all the other big names so we said okay let’s go. Upon arriving we did our normal and ordered our food while we researched the feedback on the movie. Valerian was a film that caught my attention from the trailer and from the day I saw the trailer I knew this film was one for me and we were hopeful.
The film started and immediately I started wondering why all the negative talk about this film? Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets movie is the next level 5th Element, it’s up there with Avatar; this film has everything for sci-fi fans, and it’s equal if not better than Guardians of the Galaxy. Why other than the trailer was there not much of a buzz about this film?
Valerian is a cinematic concept based on the comic from the 60’s, and even then this comic didn’t have a big following; heck we’re comic buffs and hadn’t heard of it until now. This film has made us a fan, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) is quite possibly one of the best sci-fi films released in a long time. The story is funny, fun and very adventurous. The cast fit their roles in Valerian so perfect that at times I felt the 5th Element versus Guardians of the Galaxy vibe with a huge chunk of originality on it. The creativity, graphics, effects, and conception when bringing this film to light from the comic must’ve been quite a choir and you can tell that Luc Besson truly cared about what he was doing with this one.
In short. Graphically stunning! Action Packed through till the end! If you’re a sci-fi fan this is one for you, I hope for a sequel and we will be collecting all of the comics that we can find.
Our Rating based on 1-5 Stars: 4.5 Stars
IMDB Info –
A dark force threatens Alpha, a vast metropolis and home to species from a thousand planets. Special operatives Valerian and Laureline must race to identify the marauding menace and safeguard not just Alpha, but the future of the universe.
Plot or Story Line –
VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS is the new adventure film from Luc Besson, the director of The Professional, The Fifth Element and Lucy, based on the comic book series which inspired a generation of artists, writers and filmmakers. In the 28th century, Valerian (Dane DeHaan) and Laureline (Cara Delevingne) are a team of special operatives charged with maintaining order throughout the human territories. Under assignment from the Minister of Defense, the two embark on a mission to the astonishing city of Alpha-an ever-expanding metropolis where species from all over the universe have converged over centuries to share knowledge, intelligence and cultures with each other. There is a mystery at the center of Alpha, a dark force which threatens the peaceful existence of the City of a Thousand Planets, and Valerian and Laureline must race to identify the marauding menace and safeguard not just Alpha, but the future of the universe.
- Overwatch League Preseason play begins December 7 - December 6, 2017
- Wonder (2017) – Movie Review - November 27, 2017
- Loading Bar to Host Official Viewing Party for Gfinity Elite Series Street Fighter V Finals - November 27, 2017
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017