Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) – Movie Review
Movie Review –
Yesterday we had the time to head out and check out the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) though when purchasing tickets the theater was almost empty, at the same time so was Spiderman Homecoming and all the other big names so we said okay let’s go. Upon arriving we did our normal and ordered our food while we researched the feedback on the movie. Valerian was a film that caught my attention from the trailer and from the day I saw the trailer I knew this film was one for me and we were hopeful.
The film started and immediately I started wondering why all the negative talk about this film? Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets movie is the next level 5th Element, it’s up there with Avatar; this film has everything for sci-fi fans, and it’s equal if not better than Guardians of the Galaxy. Why other than the trailer was there not much of a buzz about this film?
Valerian is a cinematic concept based on the comic from the 60’s, and even then this comic didn’t have a big following; heck we’re comic buffs and hadn’t heard of it until now. This film has made us a fan, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) is quite possibly one of the best sci-fi films released in a long time. The story is funny, fun and very adventurous. The cast fit their roles in Valerian so perfect that at times I felt the 5th Element versus Guardians of the Galaxy vibe with a huge chunk of originality on it. The creativity, graphics, effects, and conception when bringing this film to light from the comic must’ve been quite a choir and you can tell that Luc Besson truly cared about what he was doing with this one.
In short. Graphically stunning! Action Packed through till the end! If you’re a sci-fi fan this is one for you, I hope for a sequel and we will be collecting all of the comics that we can find.
Our Rating based on 1-5 Stars: 4.5 Stars
IMDB Info –
A dark force threatens Alpha, a vast metropolis and home to species from a thousand planets. Special operatives Valerian and Laureline must race to identify the marauding menace and safeguard not just Alpha, but the future of the universe.
Plot or Story Line –
VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS is the new adventure film from Luc Besson, the director of The Professional, The Fifth Element and Lucy, based on the comic book series which inspired a generation of artists, writers and filmmakers. In the 28th century, Valerian (Dane DeHaan) and Laureline (Cara Delevingne) are a team of special operatives charged with maintaining order throughout the human territories. Under assignment from the Minister of Defense, the two embark on a mission to the astonishing city of Alpha-an ever-expanding metropolis where species from all over the universe have converged over centuries to share knowledge, intelligence and cultures with each other. There is a mystery at the center of Alpha, a dark force which threatens the peaceful existence of the City of a Thousand Planets, and Valerian and Laureline must race to identify the marauding menace and safeguard not just Alpha, but the future of the universe.
- For the love of the Suffering the training wheels have been removed #adventurecycling - February 17, 2018
- What’s Up. - February 2, 2018
- Let’s bring in 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Bicycle – I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike - January 16, 2018
- Android Laptop and Phone Hybris Most Awarded Razer Concept at CES 2018, World’s Largest Tech Show - January 16, 2018
- THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6 - January 16, 2018
- EXTRA DAY ADDED TO THE PUBLIC DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ EVENT! - January 12, 2018
- Achieve True* Wireless Freedom with Razer’s New HyperFlux Wireless Power Technology - January 12, 2018
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon News - January 12, 2018
- Twindom and Kodak Announce the KODAK Full Body 3D Scanner - January 12, 2018