Vikings (2013) – TV Series Review
The Review –
Since October 2015 our team here at WoodBangers Entertainment have been working on the development of a game titled “The Darkness of Ragnarrokk” which revolves around Norse Mythology. The more indepth with what we’re doing in the game things have got, we all started doing more research which finally lead me to having the time to watch “Vikings” the TV Series. Being That the show came out in 2013 and during that time I wasn’t even aware of the shows existence, I probably wouldn’t have watched it if I weren’t doing some searches; I’m sure glad I found it though.
I started watching the show for some pure entertainment while at the same time looking at things on the Norse Mythology level from a TV prospective. After a few minutes into the pilot I was already loving the characters and how well the story came together. Vikings had me hooked right off the bat and I couldn’t stop watching it.
Immediately the next morning I reached out to the game development team to mention the TV Show to them so that they too may watch it, again not one of the team members had heard of the show either; so everyone turned on their Amazon to watch. Ragnar is quite certainly one of the top characters though I’d have to say that Floki is my favorite out of them all. I believe Gustaf Skarsgård brought his character to life in a whole other level, though all of the cast were great in their roles too.
Now that I’ve watched every available episode and season on Vikings, I cant wait till the next season which looks to be out sometime in 2017. All I can say at this point is if you want to watch a show that will keep you in your chair with your mind wondering what’s next, this is sure one great show to see if you hadnt already; I’m now a huge fan. I like Vikings so much that we’re now seeking out all of the Funko Pop Toys, woot.
Our Rating based on 1-5 stars: 5 Stars
IMDB Info –
The world of the Vikings is brought to life through the journey of Ragnar Lothbrok, the first Viking to emerge from Norse legend and onto the pages of history – a man on the edge of myth.
Plot or Story Line –
The adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok: the greatest hero of his age. The series tells the saga of Ragnar’s band of Viking brothers and his family as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. As well as being a fearless warrior, Ragnar embodies the Norse traditions of devotion to the gods: legend has it that he was a direct descendant of Odin, the god of war and warriors.
- Ultimate trivia game It’s Quiz Time out now on Xbox One - December 15, 2017
- Powerful Skills Revealed in New Extinction Trailer - December 15, 2017
- Overwatch League Preseason play begins December 7 - December 6, 2017
- Wonder (2017) – Movie Review - November 27, 2017
- Loading Bar to Host Official Viewing Party for Gfinity Elite Series Street Fighter V Finals - November 27, 2017
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017