Base game discounted 75% in today’s Steam Daily Deal
Brighton, UK – December 13, 2016: War for the Overworld, the highly-praised dungeon management game with a dark sense of humour, throws down a festive gauntlet with the release of a free Christmas double-update today.
The combined Crucible DLC and Patch 1.5 ‘Trial by Fire’ bring new modes, maps and units to all those who own the War for the Overworld base game. Featuring the voice of the typically fantastic Richard Ridings, Brightrock Games released this dark-hearted update trailer: youtu.be/-VMvfBEJk7E
To toast the update’s release, Steam’s Daily Deal for Tuesday 13th December – running 18:00 GMT (19:00 CET / 10am PT) Tuesday until 18:00 GMT (19:00 CET / 10am PT) Wednesday – knocks 75% off the War for the Overworld base game, with all other editions also reduced (see below): store.steampowered.com/app/230190
What’s in the update?
- New survival mode Crucible DLC – Battle wave after wave of ever-stronger enemies
- New leaderboards – Rise up the global rankings
- New units – Face-off against Democorns and the mighty Chunder King himself, Baron von Pukemuch
- New unlockables – Win three new Worker skins in Crucible mode
- New maps – Six new dungeons exclusively for the new Crucible mode
- New mutators – Over a dozen Skirmish, Sandbox and Multiplayer mode customisations
- New voiceover throughout – The delectably despicable Richard Ridings returns
- New community translation support on the Steam Workshop
The ageless Crucible stands unchanged, while Underlords die ten-a-penny.
But you they will remember, the one that lived the longest.
What is War for the Overworld?
Developed by Brighton, UK-based Brightrock Games, War for the Overworld is a dungeon management game with a dark sense of humour. Players build their very own dungeon with unique rooms, deadly traps and despicable minions. Facing-off against goodly heroes and vicious rival Underlords, players seek to conquer the realm of Kairos across a number of game modes, including Campaign, Skirmish, Sandbox and Multiplayer.
- Carve out your dungeon – design its layout and create an underground fortress filled with a wide variety of rooms, traps and minions.
- Play as an Underlord who has woken from a deep slumber, as you confront both heroes and rival Underlords across single and multiplayer game modes, including a fully voice-acted campaign.
- Choose from over 60 rooms, spells, potions, rituals, defences and constructs in the Veins of Evil as you advance through the game.
- Create entirely new levels in the Map Editor and share them with other players via the Steam Workshop.
- Available for PC, Mac and Linux.
Assets and info
The War for the Overworld base game is 75% off today ($7.5 / €7 / £5.75 / 124.75 ₽) as part of Steam’s Daily Deal for Tuesday 13thDecember: store.steampowered.com/app/230190
In addition, all other War for the Overworld products are heavily discounted:
- War for the Overworld Underlord Edition (including extra dungeon theme, game soundtrack and The Dungeoneer’s Guide to the Underworld) – 75% off
- War for the Overworld Gold Edition (Underlord Edition plus Heart of Gold expansion) – 65% off
- War for the Overworld Heart of Gold expansion standalone DLC – 20% off
About Brightrock Games
Brightrock Games is a British independent game studio based in Brighton, UK, with a multinational core team of eight people. Initially a small gathering of modders, enthusiasts and – most of all – gamers, the group first rallied under the banner of Subterranean Games; setting their sights on reviving a genre that AAA publishers had long neglected. United in a shared passion for the oft-overlooked dungeon management genre, Subterranean Games released War for the Overworld on PC, Mac and Linux in April 2015. With this critically acclaimed and successful game under their belt, the company name was updated to Brightrock Games to better reflect the team’s broadening horizons. Brightrock Game’s goal is to create genre-twisting strategy management games that tell – and allow players to create – immersive stories.
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier final launch trailer released - November 15, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – Movie Review - November 11, 2017
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Out Now on PlayStation 4 - November 11, 2017
- A few good movies and a lot of enjoyment – Enjoy the Silence - November 8, 2017
- Fall is here and not too much longer and we will be heading out for snowboarding - October 23, 2017
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017