SAN ANTONIO – Jan. 5, 2017 – Christopher Perkins, principal story designer for Dungeons & Dragons at Wizards of the Coast, will deliver the opening keynote for the tens of thousands of attendees at PAX South 2017, taking place in San Antonio on Friday – Sunday, Jan. 27 – 29 2017.
Perkins first joined Wizards of the Coast as the editor of Dungeon magazine, then became the editor-in-chief of all Wizard’s periodicals, followed by his promotion to senior producer and story manager for Dungeons & Dragons.
The list of exhibitors will be announced later this week, when information for PAX South 2017 is added to Guidebook mobile app for Android and iOS devices. The full line up of panels at PAX South 2017 is now available via the PAX South site here: http://south.paxsite.com/schedule
Panels will include:
- Friday the 13 th : The Game – The Art of the Kill! on Friday Jan. 27 at 9:30 pm -Adam Sessler joins Ronnie Hobbs and other developers from Gun Media as they take the stage to demonstrate how there’s much more to Jason Voorhees’ line of work then a simple hack job.
- Acquisitions Incorporated on Saturday, Jan. 28 at 2 pm – PAX co-founders Jerry Holkins, Mike Krahulik and special guests play a hilarious round of Dungeons & Dragon with Perkins serving as Dungeon Master. One of the most popular panels at every PAX West, Acquisitions Incorporated will make its PAX South debut in 2017.
- Penny Arcade Q&A #1 on Friday, Jan. 27 at 11:30 am – Holkins and Krahulik will answer questions and deliver the most significant PAX announcement since the reveal of PAX South.
In addition to the opportunity to attend panels, attendees can go hands-on with hundreds of the most anticipated titles from developers and publishers including Nintendo, who will have the Nintendo Switch playable at the expo.
“When we held the first PAX in 2004, a show about games seemed like a pretty good idea,” said Jerry Holkins, co-founder, Penny Arcade. “Now it’s this whole big thing. It’s been a lot of fun watching PAX South grow every year, and I can’t wait to get back down there.”
Friday, Saturday and Sunday badges for PAX South are available for $35 apiece. Three-day badges are sold out.
Working journalists as well as YouTube and Twitch content creators who are interested in attending PAX South to create coverage of the event and exhibitors can register for a press badge here: http://south.paxsite.com/registration
PAX or Penny Arcade Expo is a festival for gamers to celebrate gaming culture. First held in Seattle in 2004, PAX has grown in size each successive year, with PAX Prime 2014 selling out of tickets in a matter of minutes. Connecting the world’s leading game publishers and developers with their most avid and influential fans, PAX expanded with a second show in Boston in 2010 and a third in San Antonio in 2015, making it the three largest consumer-facing game expos in North America. The first international PAX was held in Melbourne, Australia in 2013.
Penny Arcade is a web comic focused on video games and video game culture, written by Jerry Holkins and illustrated by Mike Krahulik. With over 3.5 million readers, it is the most popular and longest running gaming web comic online. Penny Arcade is also responsible for the Child’s Play Charity, the Penny Arcade gaming expos (PAX) in Seattle, Boston, San Antonio and Melbourne, multiple videogames based on the brand, and multiple online video series.
ReedPOP is a boutique group within Reed Exhibitions exclusively devoted to organizing events, launching and acquiring new shows, and partnering with premium brands in the pop culture world. ReedPOP is dedicated to celebrations of popular culture throughout the globe that transcend ordinary events by providing unique access and dynamic personal experiences. The ReedPOP portfolio includes: New York Comic Con (NYCC), Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2), Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) West, East, South and Australia, Emerald City Comicon (ECCC), BookCon, BookExpo, Oz Comic-Con, Comic Con India, Paris Comic Con, Star Wars Celebration, Star Trek: Mission New York, TwitchCon, ComplexCon and more. The staff at ReedPOP is a fan-based group of professionals uniquely qualified to serve those with whom they share a common passion. ReedPOP is focused on bringing its expertise and knowledge to world communities in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, India and Australia.
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017
- Fight Off Aggressive Lifeforms Across an Alien World in Orange Moon - September 28, 2017
- Mountain Biking, Hiking, Snowboarding, Camping, Gaming – We do a lot of stuff - September 28, 2017
- Awesome Beach Cruisers at SIKK Bicycles – Arizona Bike Shop - September 28, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017
- World of Tanks Console launches latest War Stories campaign - September 20, 2017