Villa Gorilla’s pinball adventure game flipping onto multiple platforms next year
Yoku’s Island Express reveal trailer:
However, he’ll quickly discover that an ancient Island deity is trapped in a restless sleep, and a host of colourful, quirky islanders are plagued by quakes and storms brought forth by its nightmares. It’s all down to Yoku to traverse the island using a unique blend of pinball mechanics and open world exploration, in an amazing quest to help those in need!
Flip and bump our pint-sized protagonist around the stunning hand-painted island on your quest to rebuild the post-office, discover the mystery of the Fruit Altar, and wake an old god from its deep slumber.
Stockholm based, independent developer Villa Gorilla are headed up by veterans Jens Andersson (Starbreeze, LucasArts, Collecting Smiles) and Mattias Snygg (Starbreeze). Both have a solid AAA pedigree, and worked on titles like The Darkness, Chronicles of Riddick, Syndicate and Colors! 3D.
“With Team17 we’ve found a publishing partner that cherishes innovation and style – something we recognized way back when we played Alien Breed on our Amigas. We feel that their commitment to quality and fun gameplay is a perfect match for us, and we are incredibly excited to be working with Debbie and the team to finish and release Yoku’s Island Express.” said Jens Andersson, Co-Founder of Villa Gorilla
Debbie Bestwick, MBE, CEO of Team17 added, “Yoku’s Island Express has such a beautiful, distinct style with a unique twist on the platform genre. It’s a true gem, we’re looking forward to working with the very talented Villa Gorilla and welcome them to our growing games label family.”
Yoku’s Island Express is coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch™ and PC in 2018.
About Team17 Digital Ltd
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital Limited is a leading international games label that hosts the Worms franchise, Yooka-Laylee, The Escapists, Overcooked, Aven Colony, Genesis Alpha One, Way to the Woods and many more from developers around the world. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
About Villa Gorilla
Villa Gorilla is located in Stockholm, Sweden and was founded in 2013 by industry veterans Jens Andersson and Mattias Snygg. Our goal is to create small and unique games with a focus on innovative game design and beautiful execution.
Yoku’s Island Express. Developed by Villa Gorilla. © 2017. Yoku’s Island Express and Villa Gorilla are trademarks or registered trademarks of Villa Gorilla. Published by Team17. © 2017. Team17 is a registered trademark of Team17 Digital Limited. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners.
© 2017 Nintendo. Nintendo Switch and Joy-Con are trademarks of Nintendo.
- World of Warplanes flies into action with version 2.0 - October 11, 2017
- TERA: Update Introduces New Enchantment System and Fresh Dungeon Action - October 11, 2017
- A few years left so here it goes - October 9, 2017
- American Made (2017) – Movie Review - October 8, 2017
- Another day in the office and its been good - October 3, 2017
- Fight Off Aggressive Lifeforms Across an Alien World in Orange Moon - September 28, 2017
- Mountain Biking, Hiking, Snowboarding, Camping, Gaming – We do a lot of stuff - September 28, 2017
- Awesome Beach Cruisers at SIKK Bicycles – Arizona Bike Shop - September 28, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) – Movie Review - September 22, 2017
- World of Tanks Console launches latest War Stories campaign - September 20, 2017